Anyone use "Freshly" as prepared meals

Options
I need to lose weight and eat healthier. I do not like to cook. Fast food and junk food is so accessible I too often eat that for the convenience factor.

Freshly looks like an interesting alternative. The meals appear to be high in sodium, but if I ate 2 these for 2 of my meals, compared to what I tend to eat now, i think I would be better off.

Anyone tried them?

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I've not used that one, but I have used Hello Fresh and I liked it a lot. There are lots of options, and if you don't like a week's choices you can skip it.
  • kam6318
    kam6318 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Freshly is great. Good quality & very tasty!
  • curt2032
    curt2032 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bummer. I went to order a week to try and they dont deliver to my area. :( So, I found "Factor 75" that looks similar, about 500 calories per meal. I'll give them a try (they deliver to my area)

These things are the 2017 version of TV dinners I guess. Hopefully a tad healthier.
  • RachelElser
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    My best friend tried hello fresh and said the food is not good and is really expensive. Doesn't sound like it's worth it.
    Correct: Seriously expensive. And, not something people can do in the long-run. You want to establish healthy habits you can stick to for life. TEMPORARY DIETS, and eating plans DO NOT WORK. Your goal is Healthy For Life.

I math-ed it out and for me, with what I spend on groceries there's not much of a difference. And Hello Fresh isn't a diet or an eating plan, it's just preset meals that I can replicate later. It's not like nutrisystem. Personally, I like using it for new recipes so I can get one meals worth of the items. I hate buying something for a specific new recipe, and finding out I hate it, then I'm stuck with this weird ingredient.

It's also great for people who have no idea how to cook. My friend, who introduced me to it, cannot cook to save her life. Her mom/dad never cooked, so she never learned. And she doesn't like to grocery shop. But with the boxes, she can follow the directions. She's done it for over a year and has no plans on stopping.

As for it not being good, I suppose everyone has their own tastes. I've had garlic creamy chicken with beans, and mashed cauliflower and potatoes, pork scallions over wild greens and rice (not something I would have though I like, but I loved it!), and Cajun catfish with collard greens (still don't like collard greens), and Hoisen Shrimp with scallion rice (loved that one so much I went out and bought a bottle of hoisen sauce) to name a few.

My friends get the 'family' style meals which is more burgers, tacos, and chicken tenders (the honey mustard one do look reallllly good). There is a veggie plan as well for non-meat eaters.
  • RachelElser
    Options
    Actually I just went to look at what they are currently on and they now have these "Dinner to Lunch" recipes, where they include how to make it 'fresh' the next day for lunch! The Chorizo and Beef Chili looks pretty darn good to me!

Chorizo and Beef Chili Dinner Dinner to Lunch Plus a Chili Burrito for Lunch
    Cook it once, eat it twice: this is a crave-worthy dinner with extras that quickly transform into tomorrow’s lunch. That’s thanks to special added ingredients that can easily be heated up, even at the office (your coworkers will be amazed, trust us). For the first meal here, there’s a hearty beef and chorizo chili over rice with all the fixings. The next day, it rolls right into a burrito that tastes even better once the chili spices have had some time to mesh. *The nutrition facts panel represents the nutrient values for the Chorizo and Beef Chili Dinner. The Lunch Burrito information is as follows: Calories: 900, Fat: 39 g, Saturated Fat: 20 g, Carbohydrate: 88 g, Sugar: 8 g, Fiber: 10 g, Protein: 45 g, Cholesterol: 120 mg
  • curt2032
    curt2032 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is factor 75 a service where the meals are already cooked then sent out?

Yes, just heat and eat.