Anyone training for a half marathon?

Options
2»

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Okay...I am an old gal but mentally young at heart. I just ran my very first race since college at the end of July. I did a an adventure sprint triathlon after only starting running in April, cycling the end of June and not being in my kayak for a couple years. I finished second in my age group. I just wanted to finish. But I am doing my first 10K in September and hopefully a half in November and if not then in May of next year. Am trying the Jeff Galloway Run Walk Run system to see if it will help alleviate possible injuries. I lost 2 pounds from my race but gained 3...go figure. II still have about 15 pounds to lose. I also have been increasing my strength training. Anyway, if you up for an older gal...count me in.
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm training for two halves and a 16 mile race this year. Did my first half last year and loved it.
    Always happy to have new running friends.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I just did up my training schedule starting next week for two half marathons, one in October and the Griffith Park trail half marathon in November (which apparently is quite challenging). They will be #7 and 8.
  • Leese4
    Leese4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm training for one October 12th. Hoping to lose ten pounds in the process and continue from there!