Quickest ways to burn 500 calories?

Hey I figured om order to get fitter and remain in calories i have to burn 500 cal a day. What are the quickest ways to do this

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    If you're looking for an exercise, the most efficient would be running at a good pace. That could take about an hour depending on your weight/fitness level. But if you are a beginner, I'd suggest the elliptical on a good resistance for an hour.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Eat less. Takes no time at all.

Depends. If they are eating less that 1600 Kcal/day, 500 less than that isn't healthy or sustainable. But if they are eating 1600, they'd have to eat back a lot of the calories.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    @rodsteph777 Took a peek at your diary, I recommend getting a food scale and make sure to log consistently. Nothing will derail this process faster than thinking you are on a "diet" but not losing weight, when really, you've been eating more than you think. Pastel de platano suena deliciosa though :)
  • GoodnightJulia
    GoodnightJulia Posts: 22 Member
    Do you prefer cardio, or strength-type workouts?

If cardio, run or do an interval-type exercise video, something of that nature. Depending on your size and intensity, I'd say 500 cals will take 45 mins - 1.5 hours, there are really a lot of variables.

If you prefer strength, you might want to try a circuit-style resistance workout. There are infinite variations you could try, but a simple one might go something like "Squats --> Lunges --> Burpees --> Pullups --> Pushups", 30s - 1 min for each exercise, taking as little rest as possible between exercises but maybe resting 1 min between circuits, and doing 3-5 circuits, with your bodyweight only or additional weights depending on your current abilities.

That latter won't burn 500 cals, but it will definitely get your heart rate up and use all your muscles. Combine that with a small calorie deficit (250 cals maybe), and you'll definitely lose weight and get fitter. Also, doing resistance training while losing weight has been shown to limit muscle loss (and for newbies to fitness can result in slight muscle gains).
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    The Rules of Azdak. Kind of like the fitness version of Aesop's Fables.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited November 2017
    I can row 3000 meters at a moderate pace of about 650 cal/hr and burn 165 cals in less than 15 mins.

Do 3 sessions w/5 min rest in between and I can burn 495 cals in 55 mins w/o killing myself.