Options for energy?

Options
2»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. I will look for the thermogenic at gnc. I should have added more information about my sleeping patterns ect but I normally get a solid 6 to 8 hours nightly. I feel I eat a nutritionally sound diet. I'm increasing my water and adding in more green tea and a little less coffee. I just feel general fatigue to be honest. It might be a seasonal thing but I want to rev up my energy so I can get done all the things I need to in a day.

One should not have to supplement to get all the things done in a day on a regular basis.

Get a checkup.
  • TChristinaFernandes845
    Options
    Hi! Past year I’ve been taking ginseng and fish oil. Both fantastic, they help me stay alert, oriented and maintain great energy and focus!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    squeaker87 wrote: »
    How are you for iron??

That can make you feel crappy and tired

Agreed. Might be worth a trip to the dr.

+3. What you described sounds like iron deficiency anemia. No amount of caffeine will help if that is the case. See your doctor about it.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP when was the last time you had a checkup and routine blood work?

If you are already getting a decent amount of sleep, taking B and D, and drinking 2 cups of coffee, you should not be routinely fatigued. Better to figure out exactly what the problem is then to keep piling one supplement on top of the other.

Also please read the ingredients on any energy drink or pill you take - they will often contain caffeine anyway.
  • jb5710
    jb5710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you take the type of vitamin B12 that you dissolve under your tongue? My dr. told me that is the only kind that really goes into your system, the other kind doesn't really work.
  • jb5710
    jb5710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also take Redline a lot of times - you can get that at Walmart where they have the energy drinks and most of the time when I don't take that I buy the B12 shots - they come in what is called stackers - 2 together for just $1.88 I believe. Just one at a time and the Redline you just take half - they come in a 4 pack but in essence will be 8 day supply. It's a good energy drink.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,906 Member
    Options
    Please no judgement. I'm looking for a supplement or drink (no energy drinks).. that will supply a good amount of energy. I take b12 and vitamin D and drink copious amounts of coffee (I've cut down to 2 large a day).. maybe green tea pills or? anyhow help me out!

Tall glass of cold water.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    jb5710 wrote: »
    I also take Redline a lot of times - you can get that at Walmart where they have the energy drinks and most of the time when I don't take that I buy the B12 shots - they come in what is called stackers - 2 together for just $1.88 I believe. Just one at a time and the Redline you just take half - they come in a 4 pack but in essence will be 8 day supply. It's a good energy drink.

One can of Redline has 3/4 the of caffeine recommended as generally safe for a day. IMO, not a good way to roll.

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/quite-possibly-the-most-powerful-energy-drink-ever