Iphone or Samsung and why?

Options
dbkyser
dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
Just curious to what you use and why. Guessing many of us use phones for similar things like fitness apps and social media curious to what everyone is using.

Replies

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I've always used an android and at this point my home electronics are so integrated with Google that it would be a major pain to replace them.

I used to use apple but they are so frigging expensive. Now I use an android smartphone that is not a well known brand at all. Much cheaper and works.
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Apple all the way. My household is now so invested in the Apple architecture that anything else doesn't make sense. So far I haven't seen a new feature that would make the pain of changing over worthwhile.
  • WillBeThin86
    WillBeThin86 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've used both. They each have their own issues.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have and use both, each has things I love. My bank supports apple pay, but not android and that is a pain if I forget my wallet.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    I have and use both, each has things I love. My bank supports apple pay, but not android and that is a pain if I forget my wallet.

If you forget your wallet then you are not an adult enough to buy anything.

Samsung for the win........Apple buys screens off Samsung in case you didn't know......So your iphone is sporting Samsung screens right now.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Samsung, jus' cause my phone and I bonded a long time ago, and I don't like changes :)
  • helena99716
    helena99716 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I use a Samsung atm, and I like it, but I'm getting bored of it, the only phone I've ever used was a Samsung, so I'll be switching to iPhone next year, hopefully, to switch it up a bit. :D
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Android because I don't need a *kitten* *kitten* iTunes account to do anything on it.

But I use both. I don't like apple and it's over priced lack of features.

Android had everything the new iPhone had last year and at half the cost. Android phones also are just as reliable.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    I really like the Note 8...
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I had an android but I threw it away and got an iPhone for the sole purpose of being able to post pics from the mfp app. Worth every penny.

f728zxbashkt.jpeg
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Always have been an android & Google person.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I had 3 iPhones, but switched to Android about 2 years ago. I'll never go back.

That said, I don't think iPhone and Samsung are the only good choices. I love my Samsung S5 (you read that right - I'm like, 4 generations back and I STILL love it!). I have a Pixel 1 for work, and it is easily the best phone I've ever had.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I prefer apple quality and architecture, but I support both all the time.

Hardware wise, they do everything the same, with minuscule tech spec advantages only brand loyal lemmings can quote and argue about. For every day users, they do exactly the same at about the same level. What really matters is the operating system and how intuitive and responsive it is to the individual user's needs. That is really what sells the phone. Everything else is marketing and blind following.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Galaxy S8, because I feel no reason to pay an exorbitant amount of money for the features of a Galaxy S6 just because it's sold by Apple.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I use whatever is laying around at the time.

*shrug
  • Timshel_
    Options
    iPhone 8 and S8 have about the same specs with a nod to S8.
    And are about a $200 price difference retail.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Android over Apple. Apple's innovations died with Jobs.

Meh, I think it dies with the original iPhone. Aside from the original making calls, surfing the internet, messaging, and taking videos/pics, what innovation has there really been?

Basically marginal marketed money making spec increases and a few gimmicks. Why spend a lot on R&D when Samsung and Apple can just repackage the same exact technology with new bells and whistle and make bank? Reminds me of Microsoft Office! lol...