Workout routine (Crossfit, aerial arts, ...)?

Options
So last year I lost about 19 kg of body fat eating healthy and doing Crossfit about 5 times a week for 3 months. After a year abroad (and loads of crappy food), I gained most of it back and have recently started working out again. I've taken up aerial arts (pole fitness, aerial hoops and silks) because I wanted to learn to lift myself up and gain more confidence in what my body can do on its own. However, I'm not sure if the results (in terms of body shape) will be comparable to those of Crossfit. Based on other people's experience, weightlifting helps a lot with saggy skin, which I hugely struggle with and makes me feel terrible while on the pole. So my question is do you think aerial arts help with saggy skin and overall body toning? I try to train aerial arts 4-5 days a week and Crossfit once or twice a week. What do you think of this hybrid? Should I increase my Crossfit workouts?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    samoejr wrote: »
    So my question is do you think aerial arts help with saggy skin and overall body toning? I try to train aerial arts 4-5 days a week and Crossfit once or twice a week.

That should be fine. Changes in body shape are mostly from consuming the right number of calories. The effects of weightlifting on saggy skin are a bit overstated, since muscle doesn't grow much in a calorie deficit. But i think as you develop more competency in aerial arts, you'll develop more confidence and won't care as much about skin-deep issues. :+1:
  • samoejr
    samoejr Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Cherimoose! It's a tough ride, but I really hope to see progress soon.