Help

The last two months I’ve been going to the gym none stop, I’ve been eating right and I lost 15 pounds. I’ve decided that, that’s enough but I’m scared I’ll gain back the weight.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    It's normal to be anxious for something new, or if you've failed something many times.
    It's not easy, but it's simple:
    You'll regain if you go back to how you ate before.
    You'll maintain weight of if you eat a little less than before and a little more yhan when you lost weight.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,342 Member
    Well...how did you track your food while you were losing? Eat a little more, not a lot. Or exercise a little less, but still exercise.

If you jump on the body-weight scale a couple times a week, you can nip any gains before they become too much.

Set a maintenance goal range. Mine is five pounds. That is my normal fluctuating weight. If I get to the high end, I cut back on foods for a few days. If I get to the low end - desserts!
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Definitely watch your caloric intake and still stay active. If you go from working out to a couch potato well, I’m sure you can guess what’ll happen. Go walking outside, hike, whatever as long as you’re moving!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Carry on doing exactly what you are doing but eat the right amount of calories to maintain in the range you choose. With that rapid rate of weight loss you are going to have to bump up your calories a lot or you will carry on losing.

If your current exercise regime isn't enjoyable or sustainable then you can taper it down to a level you do intend to keep doing. In that case you won't have to bump up your calorie intake quite so much but that's the balance you have to find for yourself.

Be vigilant - not scared.