What We're Eating Wednesday, inter-holiday edition

avskk
avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
Hello! I hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving (if you're American) or just last week (if not). I, personally, loooooove Thanksgiving... but I am also very tired of holiday leftovers at this point. I'm looking forward to a good day of New Food!

Breakfast: croissant with herbed Boursin, ham, coffee (with my favorite -- peppermint mocha creamer)

Lunch: will be leftover sausage-and-potato soup from last night, wilted spinach on the side

Dinner: will be broiled pork chops with (sigh) cider gravy leftover from Thanksgiving, steamed cauliflower, and rice

Snacks: I'm gong to enjoy a good book and a beautiful pomegranate, very slowly and luxuriously, before bed

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Breakfast: Tea!

Lunch: Cauliflower potato leek soup and a clementine

Dinner: Homemade pulled pork on a bun with homemade coleslaw!

Snacks: Nada.

I'm saving most of my calories for dinner! I slow-roasted my pork shoulder last night after work and tonight I'm excited to enjoy it with all the fixin's. :p

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Lunch - Chicken pot pie soup, saltine crackers, an apple and a Babybel

Dinner - Tacos two ways! Chicken sausage and poblano tacquito with salsa roja & crunchy fish tacos with shredded cabbage, thinly sliced jalapeno, lime and chipotle cream

Maybe some raw cauliflower for snacking. And an abundance of tea and maybe some ginger ale, cause this gal has the sniffles.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast - my usual wrap (whole wheat/low carb, hummus, avocado, chicken, baby spinach)
    Lunch - a Lean Cuisine with more baby spinach and light blue cheese dressing
    Dinner - shrimp and pasta with vodka sauce.
    Snacks - protein shake, Greek yogurt with dried fruit mixed in.

I've got wiggle room, I might have a small wonton soup between the yogurt snack and when I go home. Today's a 12 hour day so the only meal I eat at home is dinner.

And as always, green tea with lemon and Splenda.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee w/ half scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, Van's Gluten free waffle w/ peanut butter and banana

Lunch: Cheese steak stuffed portobello mushroom (https://www.skinnytaste.com/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms/)

Dinner: Tofu and vegetable red curry over jasmine rice

Snack: 2% cottage cheese and raspberries
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Breakfast: A cup of cottage cheese and some pomegranate arils

Lunch: Vietnamese bun (heavy on veggies, light on noodles), carrots and daikon, and a pear

Dinner: At a friends house tonight, so I don't know yet. They cook for us most Wednesdays, we cook for them most Fridays. Probably some kind of crock pot dish with veggies and chicken.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee w/ Peppermint flavoring, Plain Greek Yogurt, Honeycrisp Apple.
    Lunch: Peppers, tomatoes, onions, spinach, can of chicken, can of Rotel, 1/2 cup of MexiCorn all in one bowl.
    Snack: Zone bar.
    Dinner: Beef Roast, small portion of mac n' cheese.
    Snack: Popcorn maybe.
  • Gracie12311
    Gracie12311 Posts: 44 Member
    Breakfast - hazelnut coffee and creamer
    Lunch - homemade chicken taquito and roasted butternut squash
    Dinner - beef and cheese empanadas with sour cream

No snacks - saving all my extra calories for dinner! I make the empanadas from scratch and they are just so good.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Breakfast: Waffle, cottage cheese, honeycrisp apple
    Lunch: Leftover shepherd's pie, vegetable barley soup, Ritz crackers
    Snack: Siggi's yogurt and Fiber One cereal
    Dinner: Italian sausage, GF tagliatelle, spag sauce, sauted pepper and onions
    Dessert: TBD
  • Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    Breakfast - Coffee and overnight oats.
    Lunch - Salad and jerky.
    Snack - Rx Bar
    Dinner - Chipotle
    Late snack - a pint of Halo Top.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Boring today:

Breakfast smoothie (avocado, kale, strawberries, almonds, protein powder)

Lunch: vegetarian chili with black and kidney beans and various other ingredients and some cauliflower on the side.

Dinner: stir fry with wild rice, whatever veg I have on hand (I know I have broccoli and zucchini and swiss chard, so probably those), and some tofu.

Probably pineapple with the stir fry or for dessert, I'll probably add some nuts or have them with dessert too (I bought some shelled and salted pistachios which is dangerous, as the hassle of shelling them is the only way I have self-control).
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited November 2017
    Breakfast: 3 spoon fulls of Nutella :# (this stuff has been staring at me for a week and I couldn't take it anymore)
    Lunch: Chex Mix and Bolthouse Farms Strawberry Parfait Smoothie
    Snack: Mandarin Orange
    Dinner: Cabbage Soup & a piece of Baguette
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Boring today:

Breakfast smoothie (avocado, kale, strawberries, almonds, protein powder)

Lunch: vegetarian chili with black and kidney beans and various other ingredients and some cauliflower on the side.

Dinner: stir fry with wild rice, whatever veg I have on hand (I know I have broccoli and zucchini and swiss chard, so probably those), and some tofu.

Probably pineapple with the stir fry or for dessert, I'll probably add some nuts or have them with dessert too (I bought some shelled and salted pistachios which is dangerous, as the hassle of shelling them is the only way I have self-control).

I actually saw some shelled and salted pistachios for the first time in the bulk bin at my local store and I was like "OHHHH yeah -- no, wait, I'd better not." I'm like you, the shells are an important speed bump for me.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Pre-run: Irish soda bread
    Post-run: Greek yogurt with protein powder, chocolate PB2, fiber cereal, and soymilk.
    Lunch: Tofu corn noodle soup
    Dinner: Eggplant tofu with rice

Probably something sweet after dinner since I'll have a lot of calories left.

Also two cups of tea...so far.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Breakfast - Americano w/heavy cream
    Snack - Bacon
    Lunch - Egg salad w/celery
    Snack2 - almonds
    Dinner - eggs w/boursin, onion, and spinach
    Snack 3 - cheesecake fluff
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Breakfast: avocado and boiled eggs on toast with a homemade vanilla latte
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich with hummus, spinach, tomato, and swiss cheese
    Snack: pretzels and string cheese. Maybe an apple with cookie butter later
    Dinner: zoodles, and sautéed mushrooms with an egg and some parmesan mixed in.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Breakfast - Taco Bell bacon soft taco, coffee

Lunch - spaghetti and turkey meatballs, spaghetti squash. I tasted spaghetti squash about 20 years ago with spaghetti sauce and swore I would
    Never Eat that horrible stuff again, but I softened. It was on sale at WalMart. Got a small one for 20 cents. Tried just a bite plain. Liked it!
    So I ate half of it with just salt. Will try a little olive oil when I reheat the other half.

Supper - probably a pork chop, butternut squash, salad.

And of course, a cranberry tea from Sonic
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited November 2017
    Breakfast: a Thomas everything bagel thin with Neufchatel cheese
    Lunch: homemade turkey salad (made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey), a hardboiled egg and a Fuji apple
    Dinner: (planned) homemade lasagna, chopped romaine salad with 1tbsp Olive Garden Italian dressing
    Snacks: fun size twix and fun size bag of peanut M&Ms
  • cbw232000
    cbw232000 Posts: 3 Member
    Breakfast: coffee with Peppermint flavored creamer, apple-cinnamon oatmeal
    Lunch: 1 diced zucchini sauteed with 2 eggs
    Dinner: Pineapple chicken Lo mein
    Snack : 2 macarons
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee
    Mid-morning snack: Plain greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder and raspberries mixed in
    Lunch: Turkey Potato soup (Yep, Thanksgiving leftovers. But it is GOOD!)
    Mid-afternoon snack: Greek God's Seriously Indulgent yogurt in Raspberry Ginger (This stuff is the bomb! So decadent.) And a diet coke.
    Dinner: Cheesy hashbrowns (Ground turkey and hashbrowns cooked together, top with cheese and salsa.)