Not loosing any further weight

So far I lost almost 6kg but the last two weeks I am not loosing any further weight. Do you guys have any advice or should I adjust my calorie intake?

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,110 Member
    Just be patient. I wouldn't adjust anything yet. If you don't use a food scale then you might get one to make sure you are eating the amount of calories you think you are, but it sounds like normal fluctuations. Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you won't show a loss.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2017
    Did you lose that first 6kg quickly? how many kg a week? If it was a fast loss part of that weight may be water weight which exaggerates and hides fat loss. Also TOM messes with water weight, I agree it's far too soon to gauge, be patient.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    vtpwv2wga6ku.jpg
  • Thanks everyone, it took me about 15 weeks to loose those 6kg so about 0,4kg a week. Next to this I started a new job as a waitress which gives me about 10.000 steps each day I work.

I do use a scale to weight and track all the nutritions I take in on a day.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    It's hard to say for certain, but it's possible you're retaining water from the new job particularly if you're new to being on your feet for hours at a time. Also, you might need to readjust your calorie goals if you haven't already. I try to make sure MFP is doing this every 10 lbs or so.

You might be eating more than usual now if you're being more active than before.

Are you sure you weight loss hasn't just slowed down? That will happen as you get closer to goal. You're accustomed to seeing a certain rate of loss and maybe it just seems to have stopped. You could plug into a weight trending app and see what it tells you. Makes it easier to see the big picture outside of day-to-day fluctuations.

I'd suggest letting it ride as if for a 3 or 4 more weeks before you change anything.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    6 Kilos is more than 12 pounds. Usually, the recommendation is to recalculate your calorie goal every 10 pounds lost or so. If you have not done that, you might be well served to do so.