Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Fear of death.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are you writing a romance novel about the life and love of roaches? You sure are hung up on roaches.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    No. Roaches are incapable of human emotions like love. A roaches existence is futile.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    How else would there be baby roaches?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    WHAT in thefuck is this thread about? I know I’m a bit intoxicated... but roaches? .....Falling in love? Maybe I’m just imagining this...I hope so.
  • imanibelle
    imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers, everybody.
  • imanibelle
    imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Are you writing a romance novel about the life and love of roaches? You sure are hung up on roaches.

No, I just see them sometimes and get curious about them.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Fun fact.
    Whenever I'm tempted to eat something delicious and bad for me, I say "Roach babies" to myself over and over. I imagine roach babies infesting the delicious food and it makes me lose my appetite.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    No,they are super social and love all the other roaches equally. Except Doug. *kitten* that guy, nobody likes him.
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like to think they do
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    WHAT in thefuck is this thread about? I know I’m a bit intoxicated... but roaches? .....Falling in love? Maybe I’m just imagining this...I hope so.

Don't worry it's all in your imagination!
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, someone's ontocikated too???
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Got me to thinking so I did some research and found a study that was conducted. Its pretty interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfr64zoBTAQ
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    imanibelle wrote: »
    And if not, why do they get married?

No they do not fall in love. They get married because marriage makes them healthier and thus has helped them to survive for over 300 million years. Who knew marriage would do that?
  • aaiiee
    aaiiee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fun fact.
    Whenever I'm tempted to eat something delicious and bad for me, I say "Roach babies" to myself over and over. I imagine roach babies infesting the delicious food and it makes me lose my appetite.

I don't know if I should thank you or be mad at you for putting this idea in my head...

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Corprina wrote: »
    imanibelle wrote: »
    And if not, why do they get married?

No they do not fall in love. They get married because marriage makes them healthier and thus has helped them to survive for over 300 million years. Who knew marriage would do that?

Funny, I thought marriage took about 20 years off the average lifespan or maybe that is just a person's desired lifespan

:joy: