Best preworkout? Worth it?

Options
I'm interested in some pre workout powders, but not sure if they are worth it or what brand would be the best. I'm hoping to get more out of my martial arts training. Heck, it may not even be good for that kind of training.

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying a couple different ones and ease into the dosages to see how your body reacts to them. I have tried like 20 different ones and my favorites are Pre Kaged, NO-Explode, and 1MR. The NO-Ex will give you a tingling sensation in your neck and spine and make you feel unstoppable. The 1 MR is the least potent in my experience. I am using the Pre-Kaged now and I really like it. I have done some of Kris Getthin's workouts and diets and had amazing results. Here is a link for his website.

https://www.kagedmuscle.com/collections/pre-workout
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Chances are I would overdose myself had I not been warned to ease into it.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SAHNinja wrote: »
    Thank you! Chances are I would overdose myself had I not been warned to ease into it.

If you are sensitive to caffeine I would start with like 1/2 dose and don't take it before if you are going running because you'll be puking in the bushes. Personal experience. I like to take it in phases too. I will take one type for 2-3 months and then I will take a take a break and not take any for 1-2 months so I don't get used to them. I will warn you the energy and pump you get is ADDICTING. Well it is for me at least.
  • gettingfitter777
    gettingfitter777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The best pre-workout drink is honestly just a cup of coffee with like a teaspoon or two of sugar. The powders are full of chemicals, which is hard on the liver and kidneys. I always find that if I have a cup of coffee 1 hour before my workout I can lift more and ride more miles on the stationary bike.
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So it's not for cardio? Mainly for strength training? If so, I may just hold off until I can find a good strength training plan for myself and some weights to start me off. Martial arts at least in my beginner mind tends to be cardio based.
  • OuchArtist
    OuchArtist Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Beets: decrease the oxygen cost of exercise meaning more time before fatigue, also increase blood flow to your muscles, since the first time I tried them, every workout is not at full intensity without them, that's how much of a noticable difference it makes.
    Coffee: you can 2-3 tablespoons of coffee and drink it cold with some water, even drink the solids and don't leave anything left behind xD, do this one only once in a week, since coffee tolerance develops too fast.. extreme focus once a week is better than nothing.
    Cream Of Tartar + Salt: add these 2 ingredients into a bottle of water, and drink during your workout, because training drains your sodium and potassium stores.. these 2 minerals are determinal for your performance.
    Empty Stomach: sometimes, some of your best workouts, are achieved on an empty stomach, as simple as that.
    Mint Oil: having a tiny bottle of mint oil in hand, maybe sniffing it, or maybe having a drop on your tongue may do the trick, it improves oxygen inhalation, it has an effect on motivation.. males beware of overdosing on this one, there are reports about testosterone lowering side effects with this herb.
    Quality Sleep: YES.

Cheers.
  • meljac600
    meljac600 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually have a boiled egg with half of banana before the gym. During my workout..I drink my BCAA MI EXPERIENCE WITH WATER