Can someone help shed some light???

Options
elizabethbettycooper
elizabethbettycooper Posts: 38 Member
edited November 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So over there last month I lost 6 kilos, but the last weekend I ate over my calorie deficit on both days because it was my brother's birthday weekend but it wasn't too much over the 1200 cal deficit as I work out too. but then I noticed I gained 1 kg back which I don't mind bc I can work it off again. However, I noticed that I'm slowly gaining back the weight bc I just put on another half a kg and I've stayed under my calorie goal plus it's only been two days Since my last weigh in? Also I'm aware that weight loss is not linear but it is quite demotivating to watch the scale continuously go up :/

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Sodium, PMS, high carbs, weight loss isn't linear.. scale goes up.. scale goes down.
  • elizabethbettycooper
    Options
    @HellYeahItsKriss yea I know, but it's just very demotivating when it keeps going up :(
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    What Kriss said.

Also, 6 kg in a month is pretty severe weight loss. I would hope at that rate you weigh over 100 kg.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Are you on a low-carb diet to have lost all that initially (it's water which binds to carbs, and the rate slows after the first rush)?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Describing two days as "continuously going up" is a bit silly and I'd suggest you stop weighing yourself so much if you can't handle normal fluctuations. I'm a big fan of daily weighing but it's not good for everybody.
  • anyWendy
    anyWendy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Trending apps like Libra or Happy weight can help you see your weight trend without as much impact from daily fluctuations that are normal.
  • elizabethbettycooper
    Options
    @Orphia I started out at 97kgs and 1.75m tall. No I didn't go low carb, I just ate 3 normal meals a day which is what I always do anyways ans i don't eat after 6 pm. Also I go to the gym 6 times a week if I should mention that
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    What do you do at the gym 6 times a week?

Muscles need water to get stronger. This is part of the repair process that happens after exercise. Exercise leads to temporary water weight gain.

You might need to rest more often, not only to see less consistent water weight gain, but to get stronger and fitter.

• elizabethbettycooper
    elizabethbettycooper Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Orphia usually 45 minutes of high resistance cardio each time and strength training about 3 times a week