Binging

Options
2»

Replies

• lizabenue
    lizabenue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Bball practice? How old are you? (Yes I know there are adult leagues but this thread has few red flags the poster may be young).

Senior in hs (18)
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Two things you can try in the meantime: eating at maintenance for a bit and finding out what kinds of things keep you full a long time. For some it's protein, others it's fats, others it's carbs. You haven't said here what weight you're sitting at now, last thing you want to do is drop weight if you're already at a healthy weight. Which if that's the case, and you're not thrilled with your body composition, you can look into building muscle.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used to binge when I was in my late teens. I knew it was neurotic and it took me a while to figure out why I was doing it...I was starving myself. Now the only way I can lose weight is by eating. Eat healthy things that fill you up. Make sure you are eating enough protein and fiber. Vegetables are low in calories, fill that plate up! I eat a protein or fruit snack between meals so I have energy and so I don't feel hungry.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If you're eating 200 calories under your BMR you're not bingeing because you're neurotic, you're bingeing because you're starving yourself. The binge keeps you from dying, as far as your body is concerned. So far it's working, because you're still here.

Unless you meant TDEE, but it is unbelievably unlikely that your TDEE at age 18 with a normal school day, probably PE, and being on a baseball team, is 1700, unless you're a cat.

Friggin' eat.