Beginner (again!) and looking for MFP pals with similar goals

Options
Hey y'all, I'm Claire. I'm hoping to find a handful of friends who have similar goals and characteristics as me. I've successfully lost about 30 lbs before, though the stress of planning a wedding while going to grad school resulted in me gaining back the weight (and then some). I have the confidence to do this because I know I've done it before! Here are some things about me:

- 24 years old, married, live in Wisconsin
- HW: 202 lb, CW: 194 lb, GW: ~140 lb
- Biggest Strengths: sticking to exercise plans, enthusiasm
- Biggest Weaknesses: consistently staying under my calorie goal (aka not eating an entire tub of ice cream)
- Exercise of choice: lifting weights, kickboxing, jogging
- Non-Scale Goals: compete in a 10K next spring/summer, improve my relationship with food, become more active in my free time (aka less screen/couch time), meditate daily

If you have similar goals or interests, please drop me a friend request :smile:

Replies

• ssaharea
    ssaharea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey Claire! Congrats on getting married :) I think we have similar goals and I feel we can help each other out.

Few things about me (copy pasted your pretty format lol):

- 24 years old, college student, living in Canada
    - HW: 184 lb, CW: 143 lb, GW: 130 lb
    - Biggest Strengths: able to eat the same thing every day
    - Biggest Weaknesses: adhering to a proper sleep schedule
    - Exercise of choice: running
    - Non-Scale Goals: compete in a 5k followed by a 10k in 2018, balance my social, school, and work life, practice mindfulness through meditation

I sent you a friend request!
  • Klockie2011
    Klockie2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Clare,my name is Lisa and I had a stroke in 2006. I gained 120 lbs due to medicines and have gained and lost over and over. I need to loose 47 lbs to get where I was when I had the stroke. I need some friends who can keep me going. I hope to hear from. you.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I’m following suit :) feel free to add me if you think we’d be good fitness friends.

- 29, married, live in Virginia
    - HW: 250 lb, CW: 199 lb, GW: ~170 lb & a re-evaluation from there
    - Biggest Strengths: varying my exercise plans, drinking tons o’ water. My diary is also open, and while rarely perfect, it’s honest.
    - Biggest Weaknesses: consistently staying under my calorie goal (sweets are my weakness). My husband is also quite fit and can plow through a family size bag of chips with seemingly no physical consequences. I have to be concious not to try and keep up with him.
    - Exercise of choice: running, yoga, lifting weights
    - Non-Scale Goals: about 3 years ago I ran several 1/2 marathons. I’d like to get back to at least 10ks. I’d also like to improve my own “self-talk” about my body... remembering to give myself the kindness and grace I’d show a loved one.

-keshia
  • AdorePetite
    AdorePetite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    - 27, live in Australia!
    - 20lbs to lose till my next goal weight.
    -Strengths: Enjoying healthy food, and the feeling of having done a workout.
    -Weaknesses: Enjoying unhealthy food even more, and hate the feeling during a workout. Lol
    - Exercise of choice: Walking to the fridge. Lol (jogging, HIIT, pilates)

Would love some more encouragement!