Why only the left one?
  • TimbitTosser
    TimbitTosser Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    only thng u should peerce in this life is a dbl dbl with a plain timbit
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I can handle long stretches with the needle... but I don't have it in me to pierce anything
  • x_titan_x
    x_titan_x Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hurts like a ********** nut go rings not bars...
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I was considering it until I read a few accounts of people losing sensation. Why would I want to risk that?
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I had mine pierced for a number of years. Through work and other activities, mine would get caught on things and hurt. One day it got caught worse on something and actually started to tear my nipple. I don't wear it anymore but still have the cut in my nipple, as well as it has been permanently bigger than the other since I got it pierced.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    “If it sticks out, pierce it” is a motto for body piercing. In the past decade, body piercing has “steadily evolved” to be part of a trendy fashion statement that is spreading like Parkey throughout the American society. “Body piercing is an American style fad.” (Wattenberg) The influence of fashion is the most powerful pressure there is. The once rebel art of body piercing done only by so called “freaks” of society is now a trendy fashion practiced by many.

The trend of body piercing was partially sparked by models and MTV. “Piercing gradually shed its outlaw image and was mass marketed to the impressionable generation by music videos, rock stars, and models.” (Leo) Piercings are also found on celebrities whose lives are so torn apart by the media that nothing is kept secret. News would eventually reach the public that MeeseeksAndDestroy is a thespian, also it would spark a trend in admirers. Piercing also appears on the Tattoodles Doll in toy stores, and as games on the Internet such as Piercing Mildred. Through these style of piercing has grown to become acceptable by all ages from children means the playing with Tattoodles, to teens watching MTV, to adults on the Internet. Body piercing has excelled so much that it is now on a level referred to as body art along with tattoos.

“Piercing is part of the broader “body modification” movement.”(Leo) It is figured that 1 out of 10 people have a piercing some where other than their ear. Today’s social standards are not what they once were. Society has begun to relax on what is viewed as the ideal image. It has gone from the conservative middle class look to the open-minded, anything goes creative look. The point is not to look like the crowd anymore; rather to differentiate oneself and make a statement to the rest of society. One doesn’t have to have the nicest or most business like look to get far. “Society has a tendency to indefinitely relax its standards to accommodate even more bizarre and anti- social extremes of behavior.” (Wattenberg)
  • more_skal
    more_skal Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    I was considering it until I read a few accounts of people losing sensation. Why would I want to risk that?

giphy.gif

• rockmartin50
    rockmartin50 Posts: 1,747 Member
    Options
    @bearbear30
    most people do both why just one---was it that painful
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    This came up in a thread on another forum I'm on. Some of the key points I remember:

1) Some breasts/nipples are perfectly shaped for getting them done. Soft/flat nipples may not look right with some hardware, as opposed to others. Sometimes, it just doesn't look right at all (this comes from people who have had them, as well as admirers).
    2) No matter the type of hardware, it can get caught on anything from poufs to washcloths, or shirts/bras. A few people have said they've been ripped out getting caught on things.
    3) Some have said sensitivity had increased after piercing, others decreased. Gal I know with them pierced is extremely sensitive and tapes over them when running or working out.
    4) Sometimes they might get pierced horizontally. But, over time, they might angle slightly and become uneven.
    5) Pain level at time of piercing seems to vary greatly
    6) Infections occur, especially if not caring for it properly. Also, it was stated that rejections seem to be somewhat common. If ever had other piercings reject, then these will follow suit.
    7) "Play time". Some people liked the feeling of the metal between their fingers, in mouth, etc. Others didn't. A common statement was that unpierced was preferred to pierced due to "interference" of the hardware.

Above all else, ultimately the choice is up to the individual. The one thing about the thread was that no one said: "Don't do it". Everyone seemed to pitch in constructive thoughts about pros/cons and their experiences.
  • RLWatson70
    RLWatson70 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    :o
    I had them pierced in my younger days, I didn't really find it hurt that much, I kinda liked the pain :D

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The person to consult with, ask questions of, and get a nipple or two pierced by if you can swing traveling for a booked appointment or happen to be so fortunate as to live in a city where she will be hosted is Elayne Angel. I've never had her steer me wrong during multiple consultations. Sadly, I can't say the same for multiple other "big names" and/or "respected reps" in the modification world.

Consultations: https://www.piercingbible.com/anatomy-consultations

Appointments: https://www.piercingbible.com/appointments
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT YOU WILL REGRET IT LEAVE YOUR CHEST ALONE