Bigger Bum less Tummy!

So I started going to the Gym yesterday I got a membership, prior to this I was already walking and running late afternoons or early mornings, I’ve always had issues with my stomach I feel like I have to much of a muffin top and not enough bum... I’ve always wanted to have that hour glass figure but it’s hard... any good exercises? Or tips on how to get there? Please help

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,867 Member
    more lifting, less cardio
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2017
    Definitely start looking into a weight training program .. something with focus on the booty like Strong Curves will be your best bet.

Building glutes typically don't happen very much if you are losing weight, especially if you are starting off with very little. Now if you are happy with your weight for your height then you can look into recomposition. Keep in mind though, it can be a slow process.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2017
    Deadlifts and low bar squats under Starting Strength program with a touch of cardio 1-2x a week is the most straight forward way to build strength and obtain your initial goal.
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    Lift weights. In high school I never counted calories or watched what I ate. The only cardio I did was warm ups before getting to the weights and yet after a few months I had to buy new pants because my legs had thinned out and my butt had gotten too big for my jeans.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Use a routine that works your whole body, not just your bum.

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 951 Member
    edited December 2017
    I second the opinion on trying Strong Curves or a structured program with a glute focus. Eight weeks into SC and I’ve had a true booty lift, plus the waistline is trimming up.
  • EricLFC1892
    EricLFC1892 Posts: 85 Member
    squats and kettlebells for starters