So I bought a king size kit kat today...

Options
For the past week I have felt like I'm falling off the wagon. Everyday I log my food and it is over budget somewhere. It makes me want to sink back into old habits again. I'll tell you, I'm fighting it. It's very difficult with binge eating disorder, but I am trying.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Give the king size kit kat to a friend.

And prelog.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't think you are so special. You are just unique, like everybody else. Do you have a realistic and desirable alternative to your old habits? Do you prelog and plan balanced meals you actually want to eat? Have you set your calorie target appropriately? Do you think a large chocolate bar will help you?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well? Did you eat it?

Throw it away if it’s not too late. Keep fighting. Keep tracking.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging and batch cooking in advance may be your friend... If that's what's there to eat that day, then it's a teeny tiny bit easier if you don't have to go near a shop!
    Also meal planning and supermarket shopping online...
    Keep fighting.

If you really want the KitKat (and now you've reminded me about them... hotdang! :s ) then forego something else to fit it in. Assess how you feel afterwards. Decide if the KitKat was worth it...
    For me, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Some days a Boost or Double Decker will make me SO happy that I can cope with that and a tiny salad for lunch, even though I'll be starving again by 2:30pm. Most of the time the thought of a hungry afternoon is enough to put me off.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cs2thecox wrote: »
    Pre-logging and batch cooking in advance may be your friend... If that's what's there to eat that day, then it's a teeny tiny bit easier if you don't have to go near a shop!
    Also meal planning and supermarket shopping online...
    Keep fighting.

If you really want the KitKat (and now you've reminded me about them... hotdang! :s ) then forego something else to fit it in. Assess how you feel afterwards. Decide if the KitKat was worth it...
    For me, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Some days a Boost or Double Decker will make me SO happy that I can cope with that and a tiny salad for lunch, even though I'll be starving again by 2:30pm. Most of the time the thought of a hungry afternoon is enough to put me off.

i have a peanut kitkat chunky on a Friday, i just make sure i have enough calories across the week for it to fit as i know it is delicious but absolutely no use as a filling snack!
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I eat real healthy foods all day long and I save enough calories at the end of the day for a small piece of pie. if you eat real healthy foods all day long, you can fit in a kit kat at the end of the day. By real healthy foods, I mean like not processed foods. Only foods straight from the farm.
    A side note, i am not perfect. Sometimes i eat some processed foods. I try to eat from the farm as much as possible.
  • CourtneyUT
    CourtneyUT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For the past week I have felt like I'm falling off the wagon. Everyday I log my food and it is over budget somewhere. It makes me want to sink back into old habits again. I'll tell you, I'm fighting it. It's very difficult with binge eating disorder, but I am trying.

I have felt the same way this past week. Blah. Tomorrow is a new day! Let's pre-log and remember our past behavior didn't get us anywhere. The future is bright and it's ours to make what we will.
  • sabrinaoverbay
    sabrinaoverbay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied. Explanation to some who don't understand my budget... I track my carbs and added sugar intake because I have a history of diabetes in my family. I realize that I will have it too if I don't get this under control.
    Also, yes I ate the kit kat. This original post was my guilt talking. Things are going better now. I hope things are going well for you guys too.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Since being diagnosed with binge eating disorder what has your therapist suggested to help you?
  • sabrinaoverbay
    Options
    I was put on vyvanse and given a low carb high protein diet. The vyvanse helps a lot but I still have my days. I gave myself permission to eat one desert on thanksgiving and it went really well. I stayed within all my goals that day, but the days that followed I was off work and I became preoccupied with the sugary snacks again. Once the cycle starts it's very hard to break. It has taken me a couple of weeks to get my mind back on track. I guess I need to find something to do on my off days or I am doomed. I just started my new lifestyle a couple of months ago so it's probably best that I avoid my old time favorite snacks. Would you agree?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    How long have you been on vyvanse? I've been on it for about a year now.
  • sabrinaoverbay
    Options
    2 1/2 months. Does it still help you?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    Vyvanse is.. one of those drugs that.. after a while, youre taking it and you think it's not helping but it is.. even if it seems like it isn't anymore.

So for the first maybe 3 months or so, my appetite was really suppressed, food would be sitting in front of me and i would have to remind myself to eat. I also had to set meal times in order to force myself to eat or i wouldn't cause i would never be hungry.

After that effect worse off, i didn't think it was working anymore.. stopped taking it, turns out it was working lol..

The difference is now.. instead of just being completely turned off... i am at a place now where i have to make a choice, its still a little difficult, especially during depression or stress, but its not the same as before where no matter how much i begged and pleaded with myself, i just couldn't stop eating.

Sometimes i get really frustrated.. wondering why i have to struggle so bad some days even with the medications.. AND i have put 50 pounds of the 165 pounds i lost back on.. and i am struggling to take it back off lately due to my mind just giving me a hard time..

I am with you tho.. keeping busy... it does help.. I don't have enough to do.. which is why i think i've been struggling a bit more lately. I've been putting a lot of thought into the situation the last few weeks.
  • sabrinaoverbay
    Options
    So half of 165 is 82.5. You haven't gotten to that point yet. You can still turn this around. Try not to get to 82.5 lbs gained. Maybe that will buy you enough time to regain your senses. Idk if that will help, but 165 lbs of weight loss is an amazing accomplishment. I have faith in you.

About the Vyvanse, I am on 30 mg right now. From what I understand, that is a pretty low dose. How did your doctor approach dosage?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    So half of 165 is 82.5. You haven't gotten to that point yet. You can still turn this around. Try not to get to 82.5 lbs gained. Maybe that will buy you enough time to regain your senses. Idk if that will help, but 165 lbs of weight loss is an amazing accomplishment. I have faith in you.

About the Vyvanse, I am on 30 mg right now. From what I understand, that is a pretty low dose. How did your doctor approach dosage?

Yeah.. i am working on not letting it get out of control right now.
    I think you touched on it earlier that it cycles.. i had a lot of those before being medicated. some long, some short.
    My binges aren't as bad now though with the meds, so there is that, instead of 5-6K binges i have like 3-4K sometimes.. maybe sometimes im just over my maintenance by a little.. I do tend to look at the positives in my befores and afters so i don't get caught up so much in the challenge.

We started with 30 but i found it wore off too early in the day, so he gave me a 30 dose then a bump dose of 20 to take at noon.. now im a 70 which is the max dose. I have taken higher doses though but generally i take 70. i try to take it as late into the day as i possibly can, they used to preach about not taking it past noon, but im a night owl so it wasn't do-able for me.
  • sabrinaoverbay
    Options
    I'm finding the same thing with it wearing off early. My doc wants to wait to bump it up though. I guess we will see at my next appointment when I weigh in.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    youre the first person in a long time that ive met who takes the same meds and seems to have the same struggles as i do, im here a lot giving a lot of people advice but ultimately when it comes to BED.. there are so many people claiming to have it but really don't that it often feels very lonely when you have your own struggles and have no one to talk to or help you get through your own.
  • sabrinaoverbay
    Options
    I completely understand. It took years for me to admit what I already knew to be true. I was so embarrassed.