Thankful

I just want to say thank you to MFP for this great tool. I used to be an avid runner. I had some significant wear and tear on my knees and cannot run anymore. I became depressed and just quit exercising. I do eat pretty healthy but was drinking a lot of alcoholic beverages. Over the course of several years I put on 50 pounds. I found this app several years ago and used it sporadically. On October 7 of this year I had one of those true aha moments and realized just how bad I felt. On October 17 I began using this app again, working out 5-7 times a week, dramatically cut down on alcohol and sweets and increased my water intake to 10-12 cups a day. I love the reminders the app sends to record my meals. I weighed 181 when I visited my doctor on 10/14 and my last weight was 164. My goal is 140-145 and I am determined to get there. Oh, and other than stress from my job, I feel great and am making it a priority to take care of myself. Thanks so much MFP

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Good for you! I am a latecomer to mfp, having first learned of only in 2016. It is exactly what I needed to lose weight. A tool to identify and record calories is all I needed. That, and 80 million helping hands.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Great job! Keep it up!!