Hit my goal: From 265 lbs to 174 lbs

Options
mikenmar
mikenmar Posts: 31 Member
I made it!

48-yr-old male, 5'10".
174 pounds as of yesterday.

I had set my goal at 175 lbs, off a peak of 265. So, 90 lbs lost. I didn't start tracking my weight regularly until I was down to 250, but it took me 237 days to go from 250 to 174. That's about 2.24 lbs/week, but it slowed down substantially toward the end.

I'm pretty happy with that. What's more, I managed to keep all my muscle with regular weightlifting and plenty of protein. I may have even put on a bit of muscle in a few spots (but not much).

Anyway, now I just need to keep it off...

Replies

• MyRoadto195
    MyRoadto195 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nice
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great work!! That’s some serious dedication.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on all your hard work and awesome success!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making your goal! I bet you look and feel great!
  • dfein001
    dfein001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    mikenmar wrote: »
    I made it!

48-yr-old male, 5'10".

I had set my goal at 175 lbs, off a peak of 265. So, 90 lbs lost. I didn't start tracking my weight regularly until I was down to 250, but it took me 237 days to go from 250 to 174. That's about 2.24 lbs/week, but it slowed down substantially toward the end.

I'm pretty happy with that. What's more, I managed to keep all my muscle with regular weightlifting and plenty of protein. I may have even put on a bit of muscle in a few spots (but not much).

I think your my twin awesome results

I'm 51yo 5'10"
    my start weight was 235lbs
    current weight 210lbs
    My goal weight is 170-180lbs

Now you got any goal pics?
  • mikenmar
    Options
    ^^ I took very few pictures of myself when I was fat. Hated seeing them. So I don't have any great before and after pics, but I'll try to get one of my new self soon.
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I started at pretty much the exact same and my goal is also pretty much the exact same. I am 45 days in and I'm at 231 now. Still a ways to go. Out of curiosity, how much weight did you lose before you noticed a big difference in the mirror? Any loose skin?

I don't notice a big difference yet, but the tape measure says i'm 2 inches or so slimmer everywhere. Like you, I don't want to take pictures of myself because I hate seeing them.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • mikenmar
    Options
    tyrindor wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how much weight did you lose before you noticed a big difference in the mirror? Any loose skin?

No loose skin. I could definitely see a big difference by the time I got down to 225 or so. That's probably when other people started noticing too.
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Incredible and inspiring. It's possible even in our 50's! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • glenn1011
    glenn1011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When you were at your highest weight, did you think 175 LBS is possible? I'm 44 yrs, 5' 11" and 279LBS, I just cant imagine myself under 220LBS...
  • Adrisn
    Adrisn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nice job. I am also trying to go to 175lb. I am at 215lb now. Question. how was your typical daily diet?
  • xproofx
    xproofx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    mikenmar wrote: »
    I made it!

48-yr-old male, 5'10".

Well done, sir. 63 year old male. Similar goals - started at 250 - aiming for 175. Down 45 in 9 months. You give me encouragement!

What were your daily macro nutrient intake in grams, i.e., carbs, fat, and protein?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!