Healthy 1 Month Detox

Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a very strict rule on my Facebook - if I ran into you in the street, would I offer to buy you a beer? if the answer is no, you're not on my Facebook. Makes it an all around pleasant place to be, and given that I have family and friends all over the world, it means I'm in a lot more regular contact with them and aware of their lives than I ever would be otherwise.

To be honest, I'm someone who loathes speaking on the phone. I can honestly say that Facebook has saved many friendships which would otherwise fall by the wayside.

That's pretty much my rule with Facebook too. I have a very small friends list over there for that reason. I follow very few pages with narrow interest.

Now, that being said, my sister, nephew, and brother in law and I disagree on many things, but this is nothing new. I still love them very much and we have learned to just have our say and move on with life. Cute animal videos smooth a lot of conversations over very quickly.

Heh, my family is a bit odd - Dad's Aussie and an only child, Mum's American and second youngest of 13. I'm the second-youngest of 34 grandkids, the extended family is HUGE. Because I grew up in Australia, I didn't get to know the US family (aside from my grandma, couple visits from cousins and 2 trips to the States as a kid) until I lived there in 2009. The family is so big I can pick and choose who I FB friend with, without repercussions. So the ones I have significant disagreements with I can unfriend without worrying that the family dynamic will be affected.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My family on fb is completely opposite, None of them speak with me anyway, they make posts all the time over holidays when they all get together saying they are glad to have each other in their lives, i am never invited nor am i included.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I have 46 people on FB, all very close family and friends who I speak to at least once a week.

It is just a way to spread a group message really. I use it maybe once a month.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don’t have family on my FB because I don’t have a family anymore through choice. So no worries there.

I also have friends spread all over the world never mind country. I’m from Scotland, live in England and have lived in New Zealand for two separate periods. I am horrible at keeping in touch with people so FB is brilliant.

As someone said it is what you make it. It’s definitely an issue if you’re using to fuel your self esteem. But I know people who use it all in a totally different way to me and that’s fine. And nobody tries to sell me anything so that’s a bonus.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    Perhaps that's why I can't connect with people via fb. It's a gallery of their perfect lives. I can't relate to that.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    My family on fb is completely opposite, None of them speak with me anyway, they make posts all the time over holidays when they all get together saying they are glad to have each other in their lives, i am never invited nor am i included.

Unfriend them and get them off your feed.

There are family members I have who are on Facebook who I'm not friends with.

It's that way for a reason.

This includes my father.

You don't need toxicity in your life.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don’t have family on my FB because I don’t have a family anymore through choice. So no worries there.

I also have friends spread all over the world never mind country. I’m from Scotland, live in England and have lived in New Zealand for two separate periods. I am horrible at keeping in touch with people so FB is brilliant.

As someone said it is what you make it. It’s definitely an issue if you’re using to fuel your self esteem. But I know people who use it all in a totally different way to me and that’s fine. And nobody tries to sell me anything so that’s a bonus.

Life would be very boring if we were all the same and did the same things.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options

Unfriend them and get them off your feed.

There are family members I have who are on Facebook who I'm not friends with.

It's that way for a reason.

This includes my father.

You don't need toxicity in your life.

Well that is basically why i stopped using fb, cause when i went through those last 50 some people i realized that there was no connection with any of them. If i removed them, it would just be me left LOL.. so i said, why bother haha
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    facebook is the method I use to stay in touch with some relatives, namely, the ones on facebook. Some others I have to call if I have something to say. For my daughter the nurse, I just send a text message. I invited her to the big Thanksgiving event at my wife's aunt's place. She, my daughter, did not respond and did not show. That's the way she is. Smart as all get out, but done with me and Mrs.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be negative but this would never work for me for numerous reasons.

First: I don't have FB, twitter, istagram, Snapchat etc.

Second: My sleep schedule is erratic (thanks to my job and a baby who doesn't understand mommy works at night) If I called friends at 3am they'd be livid.

Third: No puonebat meals? How am I supposed to log??

Maybe this would be good for some people, but wouldn't work for me.