Struggling SAHM needing exercise advice!

Options
Hey everyone! A little about myself - my name is Haley and I am currently a stay-at-home mom! I have two very active and beautiful daughters who are my entire world! I need some exercise advice! Would love to find some at home workouts I could do - I have a Fitbit that I use daily to track my steps. I average almost 9,000 steps a day - depending. But need additional exercises that I could do at home! Any advice helps!

Replies

• dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight workouts on YouTube are a good place to start, also try the 30 day fitness challenge app. It's let's you choose what muscle group to work on and it's a progressive program.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    There is a lot you can do at home with no/minimal equipment. Do you have any particular goals?

For general fitness, you can look at YouTube (Fitness Blender is a great one), videos (Beachbody programs, Jillian Michaels), Sworkit is a workout app which is pretty fun, .. if you want more strength training.. You Are Your Own Gym, Strong Curves (at home/bodyweight program)
  • haleyj089
    haleyj089 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't ever sit. But thanks!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Take the kids to the park....
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    There are so many DVDs and online videos you can try. I like kickboxing and mixing up cardio with strength (like The Firm or Jillian Michaels). T25 is only 25 min a workout. 30day shred and Ripped in 30 are 30 min workouts.
  • haleyj089
    Options
    Thanks! I will look into that! I honestly regret posting on here to ask for advice as the responses I have received have made me question if I am just being too lazy - but after evaluating my day I definitely know not to be true. I guess I should have clarified I am looking for exercises to help me tone that I can do from home.
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You’re not being lazy! I have three little ones and I don’t get to 10k steps in a day without some workouts. I started running in the morning before my husband goes to work and I’m really enjoying it! I’ve also done Just Dance as a workout because my kids love doing it with me. And you don’t need the game...the videos are all on YouTube and I’m sure there are a bunch of other dancing workout just like it.
  • haleyj089
    Options
    Agreed! I have a 14 month old and 6 year old - so I definitely consider myself actively invovled with them. My husband is an over the road truck driver so he is gone Monday through Friday. I will try those ideas for sure! Thank you so so so so much!
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom too. I do Fitness Blender workouts. They have something for everyone.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You Tube workouts. I like Jessica Smith tv. She has a lot of variety and a cute dog.
    Leslie Sansone's Walk at home videos are easy to follow and get back into if you get interrupted.
    Just Dance video games
    Turning on music and having a dance party with the kids.
  • haleyj089
    Options
    Thanks! Such great ideas and advice! I appreciate it!
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I found body weight programs good, inevitably you'll get interrupted and I find these easier to get back after dealing with whatever it is they needed. I never liked my kids in the same room when I am weightlifting or using the cross trainer in case they sudden come over/under me but that wasnt always possible when they were little either. They would join in for sit ups/star jumps etc if the mood struck them. Sometimes it took me double the time to get through a workout. The more you build it into a regular thing the better they will get at any rules you put in place around exercise (not to come close to the cross trainer when in use, to ask before lifting a weight so nowdays i can use this stuff while they are in the same room).