HOW do you eat back burned calories??

Options
2»

Replies

• eeyore9990
    eeyore9990 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone here!! You've all done so much to help clear up my confusion. I was so worried I would have to find time and an extra stomach to have another meal or two!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    eeyore9990 wrote: »
    I am 2 months in on this and I eat "normal" foods (have cut way back on processed stuff and am avoiding "diet" foods). I eat 3 meals and at least 1 snack per day, but because I'm being very conscientious with regard to portion sizes, I'm eating right around 1200 calories per day.

And I'm FULL and satisfied.

(I used to eat MAYBE two meals per day, but very heavy on processed and fast food so high calorie/bad fats.)

Apparently I should eat back the 300-500 calories I burn exercising every day. (I just learned this, which explains why I've been losing more than 2 lbs per week the last several weeks.)

How do I do that when I'm already satisfied?

I wish I had your problem.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    300-500 calories isnt that much to eat back.
    Have a glass of wine. 1-200 cal / glass
    Or a snack bar. 200calories a pop
    or a (small) packet of peanuts or cashews. ( can be up to 700calories per packet.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Beaudom91 wrote: »
    For starters what are you basing that number on? Fitness trackers and calorie burn meters on machines are well known to be overblown. What most people do is start out assuming that you're only actually burning half that amount and then slowly increasing how much you eat back until your weightless is at the desired rate. In terms of how to add them back when you're stuffed, go for low volume but calorie dense things like olive oil (I add it to salads or dips).

Except when they state they have been losing over 2 pounds a week which is more than 100 calories in deficit.....