Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Issues

judy2too
judy2too Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Every one,

I have just joined. At first, I did not see the up-to-date postings so I was not sure you were still active. Then I clicked on recent discussions and saw you were.

I am under the assumption this place is not only for losing weight, I hope. I have issues I need to work on in a hurry and thought maybe I could get the help here, that I need.

I'm almost 64 years old and I have been smoking cigarettes since my young teens. It scares me to death, I feel ashamed for the money we fork out for them each month because of me, and every time I buy them I feel like I am paying another payment on my death contract installment plan and Big Pharma is benefitting.

I have 3 sons who are all married with families of their own, which gives me 6 grandchildren. 4 boys and 2 girls. I am blessed with a loving family whose members are all in good health to the best of my knowledge. I'm proud of my boys. They are good husbands and Fathers.

I have other things to work on also. I am disabled due to my back so I can only stand for a very limited time and the same with walking, with a cane. when I do walk my posture is so shameful and homely. I'm all bent over. I have scoliosis, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and 2 bulging discs at 2 different levels in my spine. This is from the last MRI I had 11 years ago.

I think being sedentary does not help with getting rid of smokes. My back has held me back from doing things for any amount of time, I always have to sit and take a break, that I've gotten to a point where I don't even want to start anything. I'm talking about the housework tasks I can do while taking breaks. Also, the fact that it takes me so long to get something done causes a lack of motivation in me to do things.

I've been a hard worker all my life. I worked with people and I loved it. I mostly did bar work and the last ten years of my working life I managed two bars at a Country Club. One being a golfer's bar and the other the Banquet bar for weddings and things. I absolutely loved it and al the risk of sounding like I have a big head, I really was good at it. I was a hands-on Manager. I did not have myself hidden in some office. Most of the time I worked the bar in the golfer's bar and I did the hiring and firing, scheduling, inventory, ordering, etc., all while I worked the bar too. I was fast also. So, you can see how it is so hard being the way I am now. I loved the people, I loved pleasing them and making there time there a good one, and I just flat out loved all I did. Every night I could not wait to go to bed so I could wake up and do it all over again.

So, with all that said you now know something about me. Oh yes, I am a strong Christian. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior from all my sins and He is the only way to the Father in Heaven. Also, I am not a judgmental person. I have no right to judge anyone.

Hope to get to know you all,

Respectfully,

Judy

Oh yeah, I also have a wonderful husband of 34 years and we are very happily married.

Replies

• haleyj089
    haleyj089 Posts: 31 Member
    So sorry to hear about all of your health obstacles! Just know you are not alone and think of it in a way that it is only making you a stronger woman! I think support is important! Having positive people to help encourage you is definitely motivating! I will send you a friend request !
  • judy2too
    judy2too Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you, Haley It will be gladly received.