1000 calories a day!

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you have 1017 calories before eating the 500 extra exercise calories?
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    SteamPug wrote: »
    From my experience, I am indeed accurately counting 1000 calories a day (there isn’t a single thing that enters my mouth that I don’t account for, and in cases of doubt I always round up), and I aside from a few days of adjustment I’m not feeling particularly hungry or low energy. My lifestyle is pretty sedentary at the moment, so I’m well aware that if I have a much more active day that my calorie count needs to increase, but as it stands 1k a day is not nearly as miserable as some would assume ^^’

Your experience of tracking for ... two days?

I will tell you as someone who has lost 95 pounds and gained some of it back and is in the process of losing it plus some more that weight loss is all about doing things in a smart and sustainable manner.

You are not doing that. Your diet is woefully lacking in protein, and I didn't see any vegetables. The "feels" pass after the rush of eagerness at the beginning of dieting fades and the long term reality of maintaining loss and the ongoing effort sets in.

You are not on a sustainable path.

Read the forum stickies and rethink what you're doing.

All of you.

Even those of you who think you're going to maintain on 1300 calories. Unless you're 70 years old, I'm not buying it. I'm short and old and those aren't even my maintenance calories for being sedentary.
    Ah, you edited your post ^^’

I don’t think anyone thinks they’re gonna maintain on 1,000 calories..
    I respect your opinion on the calorie matter but I’m not sure you can judge my protein intake on two days of tracking (with most of my entries lacking any nutritional data) and without knowing what I’ve been eating for the last three weeks.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Sorry, I should have stated I’ve been tracking on my own for 3 weeks before downloading the app ^^

If you've been tracking on your own, just how accurate were you? Your tracking on here isn't quite accurate.

As an experienced tracker, I see some questionable entries.
  • SteamPug
    Options

Sorry, I should have stated I’ve been tracking on my own for 3 weeks before downloading the app ^^

If you've been tracking on your own, just how accurate were you? Your tracking on here isn't quite accurate.

Very accurate? I mean.. I dunno how else I can say it. I know my diary has a few sparse entries, but that’s only out of laziness for not writing the product details in - the calories themselves are counted accurately. What do you find questionable?
  • EEAngelina
    EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    It is my most sincere hope that all of you who believe you are eating so few calories are really, really awful at counting calories.

There is absolutely no reason that young women have to be eating ridiculously low amounts of calories to lose weight. What Maxxit said about hormones and muscle is spot on.

most of them are. which is why later they come back saying they cant lose weight.

Or just MAYBE they gained weight back...shhh

• SteamPug
    edited December 2017
    Options

Very accurate? I mean.. I dunno how else I can say it. I know my diary has a few sparse entries, but that’s only out of laziness for not writing the product details in - the calories themselves are counted accurately. What do you find questionable?

How did you get the calorie count for the curry? What exactly is "1 serving" of spaghetti?

Ha. Yeah that’s fair. “1 serving” is equal to - ‘I have no idea what to write here”. The calories for the spaghetti was taken from the box of the ready meal - so that was accurate. The curry was calculated by looking at the calories on the packet of the premade sauce, weighing the chicken and then taking the calorie count from the rice packet. ^.^

Like I said - my entries are calorie accurate but with lazy titles
  • EEAngelina
    Options

How did you get the calorie count for the curry? What exactly is "1 serving" of spaghetti?

Exactly..,,, although my Diary is private it’s easier to stick to the same foods then you know your accurate.....it brings it up, rarely do I have to type anything new

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I thought advocating VLCD are against the rules of MFP?
  • EEAngelina
    Options
    What’s VCLD?
  • EEAngelina
    Options
    VLCD sorry
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Very low calories diets. Under 1200 a day would fall into this category.
  • SteamPug
    Options
    EEAngelina wrote: »
    VLCD sorry
    Very low calorie diet - I think!
  • kt26
    kt26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    very low calorie diet
  • EEAngelina