Looking for support from women who have the same goals.

Options
Andrea61904
Andrea61904 Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,

My name is Andrea and I’m starting my journey over. I’ve struggled with my weight all of my life and in 2009 I reached my highest weight at 310.

I started using MFP in 2009 and lost 55 pounds with food tracking and exercise then some things got in the way and I gave up. I tried to again in 2015 but I just wasn’t committed enough and put excuses. Now, in 2017 I feel that I’m in a place in my life where I am emotionally and physically ready for a lifestyle change since I am a mother.

I found out I was pregnant on January 2016 and later on was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and I was told that if I exercised and diet then I wouldn’t have to be on insulin and I succeeded! I was 296 while pregnant and lost weight with the changes and stood at 285 throughout my pregnancy. Once I had my son I was 243 pounds and I was feeling great but I had postpartum blues and I started comfort eating and that’s when I noticed I was in the 260s again. This time I’m stopping myself because I don’t want to go back to my old ways. I want to be healthy for myself and for my son. I’m 27 years old and I have been struggling with knee pain due to my weight and I don’t want to have these issues at this age.

My goal is to be healthier and show my son to be active and enjoy making better choices. My goal weight at the moment is 200 lbs but I’m setting small goals as of right now I just want to get out of the 260s.

Currently, I’m being more active and working out at home 3-5 times a week doing low impact cardio workouts from videos on YouTube. And I’m trying to make smarter food choices and I’ve already failed a few times but what’s different this time is that I’m still going and no giving up like before.

I’m not expecting changes overnight and I have to be easy on myself knowing that I am trying and that’s what keep me going. It took years to get this heavy and it’s going to take a while to see changes. There will be day when I fail and what matters is that I keep going.

I’m looking for support from other women who have similar goals as myself. So please feel free to send me friend request.

Highest weight: 310
Goal weight: 200
Current weight: 260

Bio:
- 27 years old
- Have a one year old son
- Married for 9+years
- Overweight my entire life
- I’m a caregiver and love the elderly.

Replies

• karagwyn
    karagwyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Andrea,

I have similar goals to yours. I have a young son and I want to focus on being active and healthy with him. I have struggled with my weight for the last 15 years. New to this forum.would love to share a journey with you.
  • Andrea61904
    Andrea61904 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Kara,

Nice to meet you :) I sent you a friend request and hopefully we can encourage each other to succeed in our goals.
  • ljmoore2
    ljmoore2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kara and Andrea

Nice to see you two on here today!! My lucky day! I was always slender my whole life BUT I smoked. I quitting smoking 7 years ago and gain 60 pounds. I have lost 30 pounds gained back 40 lost more and gained more. This time I am not going on a diet but just am watching my portion control. Eating two small meals a day plus a protein smoothie with lots in it. Anyways, I am glad you two are here and hope to talk to you soon!!
  • shontei3
    shontei3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's ur location I am in Mesa Az and have a membership at La Fitness and can bring a friend everyday I have similar goals
  • gemmarawlins7723
    Options
    Hi Andrea - I have 84 pounds to loose and have struggled with my weight for most of my life - happy to keep in contact and support :)
  • manderthegreat
    manderthegreat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I’m sending you a friend request. I have similar goals as well.
  • kht6487
    kht6487 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. Let's support and motivate each other!
  • kwade241
    kwade241 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am sending you a friend request. I am in the same boat as you. Looking forward to motivating each other. :)