35, M, to lose 100lbs in ONE YEAR with my Dad!!! :)

Options
misterwah
misterwah Posts: 61 Member
Hi everyone!

A bit about myself... My name's Dan and I'm from North Vancouver, BC, Canada.

I have a degenerative back disease that finally got diagnosed about two years ago, as well as arthritis in one hip. Because of the serious levels of pain, I've been on serious levels of narcotics for years now (incidentally, I've never abused and want OFF them so I'm going into detox sometime in the next week or two -- it's come to this, I'm just sick of them)!!! On top of that I've always suffered severe depression, severe anxiety, and OCD "tendencies." All of the medications combined, all of a sudden I started packing on the pounds despite eating better. So I'm hoping that not only will coming off the meds kickstart a downward trend in that area but I'll be "me" again.

So. This brings me to my goal. My Dad and I have committed to each other (and our family and friends), to each lose 100 pounds in one year, beginning August 1st!!! A lofty goal? Perhaps. But that's not going to stop me from doing everything I can to achieve it. What I do know is that I'm going to need a lot of support. I have support in real life but I'd love to meet some new friends on here so that we can encourage each other along the way. I'm dead serious about making this life change and I know that it's not going to be easy. Support will be the key to my success. And supporting others will be another key to my success!

Is anyone else doing something similar? Or even just continuing to pursue their goals and want to chat it up?

I'd love to hear what folks have to say. I've heard good things about the community here -- I look forward to your responses!!!

Best of luck,
Dan

P.S. (no this isn't an ad) - a couple of guys on my hockey team recommended a supplement called Nitric Oxide Factor 2. Does anyone know anything about it or have any experience with it? Advice would be most welcome. :)