Turkey Burgers??

Options
13»

Replies

• thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My loacl butcher makes cajun ones, they are tasty

But lets face it, if you are eating a burger and there isn;t cheese bacon a bun and chips with it, its just not the same
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You should ideally just get turkey breast. No processed crap in them and a never ending list of recipe ideas!
  • bevchen
    bevchen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    These cheese stuffed turkey burgers are goood: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/turkeyburgerstuffedw_80566

I usually add a few chilli flakes to the mix as well.
  • Danielle0227
    Danielle0227 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I make a great pesto cheese turkey burger. You mix lean ground turkey in a bowl with a spoon of pesto (just enough to add a little flavor, I use a small spoonful. If you add too much you're adding a lot of calories). I then slice a skim cheese stick in half, then cut the halves again the longway and put them inside of 4oz of the turkey burger/pesto mix. They have such great flavor from the pesto and the added bonus of cheese, for just under 200 calories and very low fat. I've turned anti turkey burger people onto these easily! I eat them on a big piece of lettuce, topped with a tomato. :-)
  • specandshot
    specandshot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We make 'Thanksgiving Turkey Burgers' all the time. Saute onions and celery, add to ground turkey with a little 'Chicken Stuffing Mix' and one egg. Grill off and top with Cranberry sauce. So good and very low calorie.

[img]]http://distilleryimage7.s3.amazonaws.com/38e1669ef7a611e181d822000a1e882f_7.jpg[/img]

Amount Per Serving Calories: 373 | Total Fat: 9.8g | Cholesterol: 97mg
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/thanksgiving-flavored-turkey-burgers/
  • meperry74
    meperry74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome!

Add W sauce
    diced tomatoes
    Onion soup Mix
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Chopped spinach and gorgonzola cheese

Diced apple and cheddar

Add oregano to the meat and put a spoonful of pizza sauce and mozzarella stuffed in the middle for pizza burgers

Carmelized onions and pears
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love Turkey burgers!!
    Some of my recipes

Ground turkey
    minced garlic
    finely chopped spinach (or kale)
    French's fried onion (finely chopped with a food processor - so it looks like bread crumbs)
    ground pepper and other spices to taste
    Grill the burger topside for 7 minutes per side to get grill marks (do not press) then pop in the oven for about 20 minutes on 350
    YUMMY

I also have made this into the ball and cut the ball in half (not all the way - like an open sandwich) stuff it with crumbled gorgonzola cheese and then press into the patty) cook the same way.

You can also serve it with sliced avocado and tomato!
    I will also sometimes use Hummus on the bun/bread instead of mustard... OMG Yummy!

EDIT: I have also added mushrooms and onions. I like the idea of chopped apples!!

SO, SO HAPPY I TOOK THE TURKEY BREAST OUT OF THE FREEZER FOR DINNER TONIGHT!! :)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I don't like ground turkey but I make them for my client. Once I cooked the patty in the skillet and then put pizza sauce and mozzerella cheese on top and served it on toasted bread.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    You should ideally just get turkey breast. No processed crap in them and a never ending list of recipe ideas!

My ground turkey comes direct from a local butcher. No processed crap. I love buying local!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Minced Onion, parsley, garlic, and 1 chipotle pepper w/ some of the sauce in the jar/can of said chipotle pepper. Pulse it all together in a food processor and mix w/ your turkey meat. Lots of shredded cold lettuce and pickles on top for me. BF gets homemade chipotle mayo on top.

99% turkey is so expensive! I buy the 93%, save myself $3 and most importantly a tastier end result.