Weight lifting and STILL not losing weight. HELP!

tailikeswaffles
tailikeswaffles Posts: 35 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys!
So background. At my heaviest in 2015 I was 215-220lbs. I’m 5’7 and 23 years old. In 2015 I managed to drop about 45lbs or so. Then i yoyo’d from 170-175 ever since. This summer, i started a low-carb/keto diet and managed to drop to my lowest weight ever which was 168 from about 176. Then...I moved in with my partner and my weight shot up to 180 in a REALLY short amount of time. I was so devastated. So since october 1st, I’ve been lifting weights more seriously and heavier and REALLY watching my calorie intake. I went back to low carb and Ive been eating like 1200 calories a day. Guess what I weight today, December 4? 179.8

Replies

• tailikeswaffles
    I log absolutely everything. Even the oils/sauces/etc so I don’t accidentally eat too many carbs. I log eveyday.
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    If you're eating 1200 calories a day it doesn't matter if you're sedentary....you will lose weight unless you're already underweight which you are not. There is either a large error in food measurement or you are cheating on your diet. Even if you have hypothyroidism or insulin resistance, you're eating far under your TDEE/BMR. It's a harsh reality but you have to go back and see what you're miscalculating or slipping up on an off day.
  • charlenekapf
    exugvuwnbkud.png
    This is calculated assuming 8 hours sleep and absolutely no activity with your stats. Hypothyroidism will slow things down by maybe 100-200 calories max but you are still in a deficit and if you have been eating that little for more than a month and seeing no change in weight regardless of weight lifting, I will state again there is an error in intake..has nothing to do with output.
  • tailikeswaffles
    Here’s a typical day of eating for me:

Breakfast:
    Two eggs, eggwhites(YES I measure the eggwhites out)
    Spinach, onions, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese
    Two slices of turkey bacon
    About an 8th (sometime a 4th) of an avocado

Lunch:
    Protein shake with protein powder, flax seeds, peanut butter powder,very little fruit, cinnamon and either erythritol or no calorie syrup to sweeten.

Dinner:
    About 4 oz of protein
    LOTS of veggies

Snacks:
    Yogurt
    String cheese
    Sometimes a Quest protein bar

I dont drink juice. I dont drink soda. I RARELY drink tea or coffee. By rarely I mean once or twice a month. I dont even drink alcohol!!
  • tailikeswaffles
    I have thought of investing in a food scale I just haven't gotten around to it yet because money. I’m worried about eating more carbs because my body did do well this summer without then and once I started eating them again was when I jumped back up to 180. I feel like my body doesn’t do well with carbs.
  • charlenekapf
    And you have not cheated or deviated once from this since you began this Oct 1st?
  • tailikeswaffles
    I want to lose fat but the scale hasn’t budged in over two months and it’s super discouraging
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I lift weights as my primary exercise. I make sure I eat enough protein-I shoot for 1g protein per lb of lean body mass. That’s 90-92g, for me. My deficit is .5/lb per week, when I’m cutting.
    What do you have your deficit set to to have such a low calorie goal? What are you doing as far as weight training?
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    I would definitely invest in a food scale if you can. When I did, I found cheese and peanut butter were a huge culprit for me and my eyeballing them (even with a measuring cup) was completely over what I was logging. You can get pretty cheap scales at Walmart.
  • tailikeswaffles
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    I lift weights as my primary exercise. I make sure I eat enough protein-I shoot for 1g protein per lb of lean body mass. That’s 90-92g, for me. My deficit is .5/lb per week, when I’m cutting.
    What do you have your deficit set to to have such a low calorie goal? What are you doing as far as weight training?

My deficit on MFP is set to the highest so 2lbs a week. I lift 4 times a week. Alternating which area I work on. So I’ll do my cardio first then try to do at least 5 different workout doing 3 sets of 10-15 depending on how difficult the workout is for me. I lift as heavy as I can without completely over doing it or else I’ll be WAY too sore to even move for a couple of days and it throws me off. Since im low carb i try to eat at least 100gs of protein a day and then healthy fats since again...low carb/keto