Vegan Buddies

Options
So I have been a vegetarian since January but I wanted to step my game up and leave my addiction(cheese) to the past. I feel that I might feel extra motivated to keep on going if I push myself.

Looking to meet other vegan friends to help with the motivation and discuss yummy recipes.

Replies

• kaylafloyd23
    kaylafloyd23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm staring back on my vegan journey as of today!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That's great! I added you as a friend so we can keep in touch :)
  • MorticiaAdams66
    MorticiaAdams66 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi there, I live vegan since autumn 2009. If you have read 'Skinny *kitten*' you'll quickly find cheese and dairy products gross.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have given up my dairy addiction, and i couldn't be happier about that.
  • veggiedelights
    veggiedelights Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started my vegan journey today too!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »

Does this formulation help? While cheese isn't enjoyable to some and others may enjoy it in a way that doesn't detract from their overall happiness, others may wish to stop eating it and find it to be a challenge.
  • Goldie14
    Goldie14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegan for just over a year now with my 1yo daughter also. I was long term vegetarian before. Since being vegan I’ve found it hard to track my food though and recently my weight has started to creep up so need motivation from other vegans to track
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Goldie14 wrote: »
    I’ve been vegan for just over a year now with my 1yo daughter also. I was long term vegetarian before. Since being vegan I’ve found it hard to track my food though and recently my weight has started to creep up so need motivation from other vegans to track

Why do you find it hard to track as a vegan?
  • katytreadwell
    katytreadwell Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Won’t allow me to post comment so deleting
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan. Trying to find motivation to cook more lively vegan dishes too, feel free to add me.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am officially moving into vegan now that the holidays are over. Managing to kick the cheese habit (and just not be lazy about reading labels and cooking my own food) has proven challenging, but I'm slowly getting a handle on it. It will be easier now that the holidays are over and I'm not having to be polite at parties ("Look! I made this [cheesy mess] just for you! No meat!").
  • esme000
    esme000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegan since 2012. I’m most happy to share my culinary wins and flops with others. Back on fitness pal to monitor calorie intake. Would love to meet fellow herbivores!
  • MarianMarMoi
    MarianMarMoi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan since february. I'm not that terribly good at cooking, and I'm not sure how good I will be with logging everything I eat here, but I will try. Add me if you want!
  • Stitched84
    Stitched84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Was veggie for 19 years and now vegan for 2 and a half! I was so happy when I first went vegan as I dropped a stone without trying but have since put it back on and some extra! This was after finding all the vegan junk food. I'm starting back on juicing and might even try Jason Vales super blend me in the new year. I have about 3 1/2 stone (49 pounds) to loose to get to my goal weight.
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 4 years vegetarian for a loooooooooong time