I haven't been on here in a few months, I need to get back i

Options
..Need to get back into the groove. Topic was too long, got cut off :/

Started using MFP around 240, I hit 175, now I'm going to the gym every other day, weight training, as well as my usual cardio. I've gained 10 lbs, I'm thinking it's mostly muscle (I hope, at least).

Gotta get back into paying attention to what I'm eating, I've kinda slipped back into bad eating habits in the past month.

3f-2.jpg

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    When you are not sure if the weight is fat or not, measure yourself. Has your waist gotten sofyer and larger by an inch? Or has your chest or arms gotten more muscular?

I keep track of my measurements, along with weighing on a very regular basis. That way, I know where the weight is coming from.

Welcome back! :drinker: (water)
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey there :drinker:

Before I even say anything else WOW congrats on the loss :drinker: :drinker: that is fabulous well done :bigsmile:

I have heard that gaining muscle and bulking up weighs more so that is more than likely the reason for the gain :wink: how do your clothes feel that is usually when you will notice also have you taken measurements since you started the weight training?

I am sure that those who use the weights will have a better answer soon for you as I haven't reached that stage yet :wink:

edited after pics up :wink: You look brilliant bet you are thrilled :bigsmile:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    WOW, you have done a great job so far!!!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    you look wonderful - great job. I did the same a few years back, lost 45 lbs and then got slack. I have put most of it back on and trying to get it off again. :grumble: My mistake was i got slack and let myself slide into the old habits...... catch it quick! :huh: I'm afraid it has to become a lifetime habit. You have done a wonderful job - keep it up!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    wow what an inspiration, thanks for posting i needed this the morning was feeling complacent and that is not good, i know if i stay that way i will start to go backwards and gain it all back again!! thanks again and congratulations that is way awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!