Tips when you have an injury

Options
Hi everyone- i just joined because i’ll be seeing a nutritionist to help me get my diet sorted out (hopefully!)- i have pcos and i like to be active, but i hate the gym- its just boring- i signed up with aaptiv to help spice that up, but before i could even get started i just got put into a cam walker (walking boot) for a foot injury- i may be in it for up to 8 weeks if i don’t need surgery-

Any tips on getting started but not being able to exercise?

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Weight loss takes place mostly in the kitchen. Calculate a modest deficit and try to hit your number. May be slow going but weight loss is the result of a downward trend and time. People wreck themselves over the time it takes. Don't.

Meanwhile, look on YouTube for some exercise you may be able to do down on the floor to work around your injury a bit. Just to get started moving more. Good luck.

Oh, don't let the injury get into your head. You can make progress in spite of it.
  • porky94
    porky94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same place as you. I’m non weight bearing for two months (almost at the halfway point now) and it’s hard to rely solely on nutrition for me since I was active before my injury. I just started tracking my food even if I didn’t behave and try to rely on support with my mom. We try to keep each other accountable.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You can do some core exercises that don’t put stress on your foot. Sit-ups and bird-dogs, Supermans and air bikes. Maybe even knee push-ups.
  • jhunter4431
    jhunter4431 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great tips and motivation that is much appreciated!