Macro Goal

Options
For fat loss, what are your macro goal percentages?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I've lost ~140 pounds with MFPs default macros of 50% carbs, 20% protein, and 30% fat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't do percentages. I calculate total calories for whatever my goal is, then protein (0.8g per lb of body weight) and fat (0.35-0.45g per lb) in grams. The rest of my calories go to carbs (but could be whatever... More fat/protein if you wanted)
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    itsaboutthattimeagain Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    I've lost ~140 pounds with MFPs default macros of 50% carbs, 20% protein, and 30% fat.

This. Works well for me at this time. I decided on this percentage before getting back on MFP. A few years back, I did 40(c),30(P), (30)F; I ate land animals back then so it wasn't that hard to eat more protein; it was a chore, but manageable. As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight no matter where your macros are at. Just do what is manageable for you. You can always adjust accordingly, nothing is set in stone.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I don't do percentages. I calculate total calories for whatever my goal is, then protein (0.8g per lb of body weight) and fat (0.35-0.45g per lb) in grams. The rest of my calories go to carbs (but could be whatever... More fat/protein if you wanted)

^^^This although these amounts are really my minimum rather than overall. In doing so I find my macros normally fall around 40-45% carbs, 35-40% fat and 20-25% protein on any given day by the foods I like to consume.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Same here, more or less.

But, OP, to your question...

Calculate cals needed for weight loss. Set an appropriate protein goal (1g per lb of goal weight is a reasonable starting point, adjust up or down depending), then let the rest be dictated by personal preference.