Smited with the cold - help & advice req!

Options
Hanlonx
Hanlonx Posts: 53 Member
Hello,

I was lucky enough to be smited by the god awful cold on Sunday and as expected, I'm feeling progessively worse as the week drags on!

Trouble is, I have a full week of work ahead plus uni deadlines (full-time work, plus part-time uni) so I am unable to spend my week tucked up in bed watching Netflix.

Does anyone have any tips/advice on what I can do to aid symptoms plus kick it on the head sooner than usual?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Try to get as much sleep as you can.
    Plenty of fluids. Tea with lemon and honey, soups, juices
    Throat lozenges.
    Steam, humidifier
    Over the counter non-drowsy cold medicines

A friend of mine used to always eat very spicy chili when she got a cold. I imagine it helped with stuffiness at least.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    orange juice and chicken soup!

and some good drugs for a cold! i like sudafed max personally.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Root ginger. Its an anti inflammatory. Good for sore throats too. Peel it, chop it into bit and eat it.
  • more_skal
    more_skal Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I find a little chicken noodle soup is usually good for a cold, and the soul ha ha
  • PAFC84
    Options
    more_skal wrote: »
    I find a little chicken noodle soup is usually good for a cold, and the soul ha ha

Tomato soup, chicken soup, most other soups. Plus they're simple to do which is good for when you are ill.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    Could also try garlic-raw or in tablet form. Vitamin C tablets. Echinacea tablets.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Living in Ireland I am a big fan of hot whiskey to help with cold symptoms- a shot of whiskey with some hot water, a little honey, lemon and cloves.

I also swear by Olbas Oil. Tiny bit on my pillow helps me breathe at night when congested.
  • HeavierThanAire
    HeavierThanAire Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sleep. Water. Blow your nose often.