Finally got some support and encouragement at home :)

Options
My family isn't the most supportive. They have habits which sabotage me and they don't seem to care or understand that I'm doing the things I'm doing for a reason, and that when things get tough, I need help, and can fail when I don't have that help.

Today, I wasn't feeling very good, it's... erm... 'shark week' (sorry, if that's TMI!! >.<) and I've been feeling bloated and horrible, had some drama happen at work (I do everything within my power to avoid drama, especially at work, so when this found me, it was a drop to my knees dramatically and yell "nnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!" like I'm in a film moment) and I've a few very stressful things going on on top of this (like a friend with a potentially crippling psychological disorder which can be exascerbated by stress being under extreme pressure and worrying that he'll have a major spike, which stresses me out because he's been a great friend to me and I hate seeing people I really care about go through awful things and have nothing that I can do about it. I.e I spend a lot of time worrying about it a lot and end up checking up on him often... and my grandmother deciding to go off of all of her medications, a few of which change her personality) so I've been binging a bit and feeling very guilty about it... which causes more binging. I've been trying to get that under control and afraid to look at the scales.

I got home from the grocery store today, and as I was unloading everything, organizing it and putting it away, my gran says to my grandfather "Isn't that child getting so skinny lately?" and he said "Yeah, I've noticed that, too. In a bit if she were to stand in the rain, she might not even get wet!" (don't you just love the way Southerners put things? haha)

After what's been an intense uphill battle, and not feeling like I've had much to show for it (40lb in seven months), it's so nice to finally hear that your efforts are being noticed. Now, I'm not doing this for anyone but me. This is my battle and it's for my own happiness, but I can't say it doesn't feel encouraging to know that the fruits of your labor are, in fact, noticed.

I'm not done yet. I'm not even to the half-way mark, but I am getting closer. I wanted to share this not only for myself, but for all of the others out there who feel like things are up-hill and like no one can tell how hard you're pushing yourself. Just because people don't always say something doesn't mean they don't see it. Sometimes they do. Keep pushing, and eventually you'll get there. I know it's rough, but we can do it :)

“Just because the road ahead is long, is no reason to slow down. Just because there is much work to be done, is no reason to get discouraged. It is a reason to get started, to grow, to find new ways, to reach within yourself and discover strength, commitment, determination, discipline. The road ahead is long and difficult, and filled with opportunity at every turn. Start what needs starting. Finish what needs finishing. Get on the road. Stay on the road. Get on with the work. Right now you’re at the beginning of the journey. What a great place to be! Just imagine all the things you’ll learn, all the people you’ll meet, all the experiences you’ll have. Be thankful that the road is long and challenging, because that is where you’ll find the best that life has to offer.”

― Ralph Marston

Let's get walking...