Meal Replacement Bars?

Options
Hi All,
I am looking for suggestions on decent (taste and cals) Meal Replacement Bars. I am in Canada and have only tried Nutribar. I am trying to go out for walks on my lunch hour and want something I can eat quickly before or during my walks.

Thanks!

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am a huge huge huge fan of the Kirkland (Costco) brand protein bars. You get 20 bars in a box, and in store I believe a box is $22. No sugar, high fiber, and really quite tasty.

https://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signature-Protein-Bars.product.100321409.html
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have tried the costco ones. I like that they don't leave an after taste but I find are too dense. I do like their protein shakes - I use to have them for breakfast. I am looking for a low sugar option so I guess Nutribar is out.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I am a huge huge huge fan of the Kirkland (Costco) brand protein bars. You get 20 bars in a box, and in store I believe a box is $22. No sugar, high fiber, and really quite tasty.

https://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signature-Protein-Bars.product.100321409.html

Personal preference, but I found these to be horrid and only bought them once. But I can get the Cliff Builder Bars at Costco and really prefer them. But they are a bit higher in cals.

270 cal, 29g carb, 9g fat 20g protein

Looks like 21g sugar.

Think I'm going to have one now :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to remind you that a sandwich can fill all your desires, unless of course a meal replacement bar is what you desire.
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm not always great at packing a lunch or if I do, managing the calories. I'm trying to cut back on eating out as well.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    FWIW...

If I want a meal replacement bar, I'll look for something with slightly higher calories and a broader spectrum of macros and micros/vitamins.

For me, this is VERY different than what I look for in a protein supplement bar, which is the most protein for the fewest calories that I can still choke down.

I used to do slimfast shakes for the first, usually 2 or 3 of them... and either clif builder or quest bars for the second.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    FWIW...

If I want a meal replacement bar, I'll look for something with slightly higher calories and a broader spectrum of macros and micros/vitamins.

For me, this is VERY different than what I look for in a protein supplement bar, which is the most protein for the fewest calories that I can still choke down.

I used to do slimfast shakes for the first, usually 2 or 3 of them... and either clif builder or quest bars for the second.

Exactly...a meal replacement bar or shake is vastly different from a protein supplement...
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    It's not a bar, but I do like Soylent. My packed lunch is frequently a bottle of Soylent and a piece of fresh fruit.