Introducing the Bear

Greetings Fellow Avelon Passengers
PolarBearBob here, trying to keep my orthopedic surgeon from retrofitting my knees with Teflon.
Any encouragement and constructive advice is most welcome. The good doctor has my complete attention. After describing the operation he wants to do to my knees, I'm highly motivated to make this program work.
Wish me luck.
PBB

Replies

• Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 2,454 Member
    Wishing you the best of luck! You can do this :smile:
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    You can do this! I'm losing weight for similar reasons. I've seen friends and relatives suffer through knee and/or hip replacement that were required (at least in part) by their weight.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I guess running is not an option here. Running a lot is the only way I seem to lose weight.
  • PolarBearBob
    PolarBearBob Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for Hoorays, I'm a list maker and planner by habit, so I've stacked the deck in my favor.
    Outfitted a spare bedroom downstairs as my gym. I've got a Nordic Track stationary bike I'm using for aerobics and a Wieder Smith Machine loaded with all the bells and whistles.
    I've been in the room a week trying to workout but it's slow going due to the tonnage I'm hauling around.
    I'll get to my goal because I have no other choice. The option under plan "B" is way too scary.
    Thanks again folks,
    PBB
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I wish you luck and determination!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Good luck
  • PolarBearBob
    PolarBearBob Posts: 17 Member
    Thank You ALL
    PBB
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Good luck PBOB. I have osteoarthritis in my hips and I know that every pound lost counts. Keep up the good work with the home gym and losing the weight.

I lost 32 pounds on here and am now heading for my next 32. If I can do it anyone can.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Greetings Fellow Avelon Passengers
    PolarBearBob here, trying to keep my orthopedic surgeon from retrofitting my knees with Teflon.
    Any encouragement and constructive advice is most welcome. The good doctor has my complete attention. After describing the operation he wants to do to my knees, I'm highly motivated to make this program work.
    Wish me luck.
    PBB

@PolarBearBob I will send you a friend request to offer you support and encouragement