Any1 have any good muscle building thigh and stomach workouts?

Ive decided to start a weight lifting routine but i feel like doing 100 squats and 100 crunches each day wont get me very far, does anyone know of some workouts that give good results?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I get the impression you want to achieve toned legs and stomach?

This will most likely be achieved by losing fat (calorie deficit) to uncover what muscle you do have, not necessarily by trying to build muscles (generally happens in a calorie surplus).

Following a progressive lifting program for your whole body whilst you lose fat all over (spot reduction is not possible) will help maintain the muscle you have - there is a thread on a number of training programs that you might find helpful.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I get the impression you want to achieve toned legs and stomach?

This will most likely be achieved by losing fat (calorie deficit) to uncover what muscle you do have, not necessarily by trying to build muscles (generally happens in a calorie surplus).

Following a progressive lifting program for your whole body whilst you lose fat all over (spot reduction is not possible) will help maintain the muscle you have - there is a thread on a number of training programs that you might find helpful.

This. A program like StrongCurves and anything from Bret Contresas is going to be good for lower body specific goals

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Front squats is the only thing I can think of that's practical.