Looking for fun loving friends

Options
TeamDale
TeamDale Posts: 383 Member
My name is Dale and I am 58 years old. I work in an office and push a mouse around. About 5 years ago I felt the need to get more exercise. I bought a bike to ride to work, 2.5 miles. My gosh, I thought no one rides that far. I was 27 pound overweight with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Two years ago I decided that I was going to kick it in gear because I was going the way of most of my peers. Today, I weigh a healthy weight, and have brought my cholesterol and blood pressure to where they should be. I strive to work out aerobically every day, and feel no more that 40.

I log in everyday. I offer support, encouragement and motivation for my friends. Having raised three daughters I have a soft spot for women and girls who struggle with body shame and eating.

Please send a message with your friend request. :)

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I hate fun.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I hate fun.

Lies we played hide-and-seek the other day....come to think of it you never did con find me.:angry:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My name is Dale and I am 58 years old. I work in an office and push a mouse around. About 5 years ago I felt the need to get more exercise. I bought a bike to ride to work, 2.5 miles. My gosh, I thought no one rides that far.
    I bought a bike too but it's just collecting cobwebs in the garage. I just couldn't keep it up. I rode it once to the corner store and a couple of times around the neighborhood. Then I applied the front break too hard going downhill and went over the front of the handle bars. Wow, did that hurt. Man. The front wheel is all bent out of shape now. There has to be a safer way to exercise. Anyway. I don't use my bike anymore.

Having raised three daughters I have a soft spot for women and girls who struggle with body shame and eating.
    Are they any good at making sandwiches?
  • TeamDale
    TeamDale Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You can get a new bike and learn all over :) I also walk and run for exercise.

My daughters are all grown so I don't know if they make sandwiches or not :)
  • LuckyFur
    LuckyFur Posts: 96
    Options
    My daughters are all grown so I don't know if they make sandwiches or not :)

If your daughters are grown up and don't know how to make sandwiches then you've failed them as a father.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    My name is Dale and I am 58 years old. I work in an office and push a mouse around. About 5 years ago I felt the need to get more exercise. I bought a bike to ride to work, 2.5 miles. My gosh, I thought no one rides that far.
    I bought a bike too but it's just collecting cobwebs in the garage. I just couldn't keep it up. I rode it once to the corner store and a couple of times around the neighborhood. Then I applied the front break too hard going downhill and went over the front of the handle bars. Wow, did that hurt. Man. The front wheel is all bent out of shape now. There has to be a safer way to exercise. Anyway. I don't use my bike anymore.

Having raised three daughters I have a soft spot for women and girls who struggle with body shame and eating.
    Are they any good at making sandwiches?

That's not what I heard...