Missing Partner, schedule change

Options
Have any of you had a boyfriend/girlfriend travel for work, and you've found yourself out of your routine? Such as: going to bed later, eating differently, sleeping differently... How did you cope while your loved one was away?

Replies

• Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When my husband goes away for training I find myself making simpler meals and going to bed earlier, but nothing else really changes. Then again, his training never lasts more than a few days. I'd imagine I might struggle more if he went away for extended periods of time.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I am lethargic, eat less, care less, and am generally sad until he comes home?

How do I cope? I make social commitments I can't get out of. I tell my best friend that my husband is traveling and that I'd really appreciate hanging out, even if I feel blah and don't want to go out.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't leave town but he switches between day/night shifts. My schedule completely changes depending on what he's doing. When he's on night shift, I have a habit of eating less and sleeping less. I'm working on the eating part right now but since its so easy for me to stay up until 1am, I got in the habit of putting a guided meditation on around 10pm, it usually knocks me out prettt quick
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Isa_Bbott wrote: »
    Have any of you had a boyfriend/girlfriend travel for work, and you've found yourself out of your routine? Such as: going to bed later, eating differently, sleeping differently... How did you cope while your loved one was away?

My dh works a lot and is not around much daily. It messes up my schedule more when he is off work and home because we are doing more things together.
    My sleeping routine gets a bit messed when dh's work schedule changes. He wants to stay up late and sleep in. I can't sleep in.
    I have a child who has a routine/schedule that needs to stay pretty consistant. I have animals who are on a consistant schedule. I have things that need to get done every day to keep everyone going.
    I have set times that I eat that are not dependent on others. I don't eat very differently on my own.
    We talk on the phone or send messages.

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge creature of habit so even if my BF's schedule changes, mine doesn't.

For 5 years we shared 1 car. Until this year there was no need for 2 because we worked 2 building away from each other. This year, his office moved 20 minutes north. So, he bought a car. I know drive myself to work/home leave earlier/come home earlier. So that means I'm the afternoon dog walker, where he used to be. I still eat at the same time, even if he's not home yet. It's different and a change, but I'm not willing to let it impact my life.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My wife travels for work occasionally...the only difference for me is that I have more parental responsibilities. I eat the same...I've been going to bed at 9:30-10:00 since high school...so not much really changes.

The biggest change really is that if I want to get a ride in, I'm pretty much relegated to my indoor trainer as my two boys are too young to be left alone.