Larger

Options
I posted a few weeks ago that I felt recovered enough from a groin pull that I would start back at the gym again and start walking daily (even if at home). And that it true I have , and tried to do better at staying around my daily caloric intake. I drink more tea now and do not drink as much diet sodas. A few days ago I noticed that my left side of my stomach and right underneath my groin area are a bit bigger than my right side. No pain, no discomfort, but I found it unusual. Is this common in people severely overweight or is everyone (even people in shape) always a bit bigger on one side than the other?

My plan right now is to exercise (even if i just walk) 3 days then take a day off then 3 more days and take a day off. I have had this plan for awhile now and it seems to work and, for the most part, keeps me a bit more motivated to work out and get my steps in. Any advice as to how I am doing or what to improve on would be appreciated.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    What is the nature of the tissue that's "bigger"? Is there any chance there's still some inflammation/swelling there related to the groin pull? If you have any doubts that it's normal, see your doctor. Not all problem conditions cause pain.

That said: There was some asymmetry to my fat loss, along the way. Even now, in maintenance, my left inner thigh looks different from my right. I don't care aesthetically, and it's completely obvious that the tissue involved is skin & residual fat, so I didn't much think about it until you asked. ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't have a difference in size in those areas but my left breast is noticeably larger than the right since losing some weight. My other body parts seem more consistant in size.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Has your doctor checked you out? Groin pull recovery? Hernias? Other?