All Non-Gmo and Organic

Options
So I'm trying to focus more on the quality of my food. So 3 months ago my husband and I watched a documentary on GMO's and decided to cut them out. We have been buying all Organic, the only food we have that isn't, is when we go out to eat with friends, but that is limited. Anyone else doing something similar? I also am following Leanne Vogels Keto diet for women with Adrenal Fatigue and Thyroid issues, since I have both, and also have High Cortisol and Estrogen Dominance. All working against my weight loss. During the summer I also found out I had a parasite and candida yeast overgrowth through stool tests, and did several months of treatment for that and my last stool test came back good. So my digestion is SOOO much better. Now doing self care practices like baths, reading, meditation, and such to help to bring estrogen back down along with cortisol. I'm eating about 2000 calories a day, but I'm not really restricting calories at all. I'm feeding my body the nutrition it needs to heal. My high stress, coupled with Low Carb for to long, and high intakes of caffeine, contributed to the crisis state I find my body in right now. But I'm happy to say that in the last month I have seen a great improvement in my energy! I'm getting 8 hours of sleep a night and not having to take naps during the day to keep going. Just looking forward to seeing the scale move and get back into my clothes I was wearing a year ago!

Replies

• FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I think the cutting back on caffeine is what is helping you sleep. Self-care like reading and meditation is great and will help with stress (assuming you also address the underlying cause of your stress), it's not going to do anything for your estrogen.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    OP has left the building
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I think somebody's yanking our collective chains... the only 2 buzzwords they left out were ACV and detox...

I think sadly not. Poor OP has been taken for a ride. And I totally get that desperation of wanting answers and looking to anything when you feel so bloody awful.

OP, eating whole, nutritious foods is of course always a good thing, but it doesn't have to be GMO or organic. Concentrate on getting a good balance of nutrients, and plenty of protein. Keto is totally unnecessary unless you have a medical condition (actual, diagnosed by an actual doctor who went to medical school), or if you happen to like eating that way and think it is sustainable for you. I would maybe concentrate on eating well and feeling better, getting your sleep sorted and stress levels down before worrying about weight loss, because eating at a deficit in and of itself will cause stress, even when done sensibly. If you do indeed have high cortisol (which you may well if you are very stressed), then that will be messing with things, and usually involves retaining what can be a fair bit of fluid.

If you are feeling good enough to dive back into weight loss, eat at a sensible deficit (this will be dependent on how much weight you need to lose), and go easy on the cardio (cos cortisol).
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I think that OP is just trolling. Either that, or they've never been on the forums on MFP before. They should know that this kind of stuff just gets lambasted here.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    OP has left the building

Nope, still here.

Alisha_countrymama
    First Visit: November 2010
    Most Recent: 7:05AM
    781 comments posted.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/Alisha_countrymama/profile/Alisha_countrymama?target=&redirected=true

I call Poe's Law.

Poe's Law is an Internet axiom which states that it is difficult to distinguish extremism from satire of extremism on the Internet unless the author clearly indicates his/her intent.