Post partum weightloss

I gained 22kgs in my pregnancy, after birth I was 10-12kgs heavier then my pre pregnancy weight. Safe to say I ate what ever I wanted while pregnant!!!
I decided 8-10weeks post partum that I needed to start eating healthily and loosing weight as my self confidence was dwindling. After 6weeks of eating a strict protein/fats/carbohydrate diet with 20-30minutes of cardio every day aswelll as strength training. I have successfully lost 5kgs :) I'm half way through my goal weight of 70kgs. I am also breastfeeding so this was quiet difficult at the beginning as all you want to do is eat! I find my milk supply is still good although I am tired everyday due to a new baby!! Comment your post partum journey xx

Replies

• change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    My son is 2 months old tomorrow XD and I started my fitness journey 4 weeks ago with a DietBet and have lost 5 lbs. 10 (5 kgs) more to go! I bought myself another Fitbit to help motivate me to get moving which definetly helps. Once I loose the baby weight I plan on focus on toning bc I need it lol
  • mcgillheidi330
    mcgillheidi330 Posts: 6 Member
    My son is 4 weeks old and I have been back to the gym for 3 weeks now. I dropped to my pre-preggo weight a week after having him. All of my muscle is gone due to the fact I was too sick to go to the gym while pregnant. I have started tracking my macros and eating "clean"
    Very discouraging not to have results quick... but all good things take time!!!
    Hope you ladies are doing well!!