Healthy Fats Help

Avacadoes, Salmon, and nuts are foods I can only eat with my nose pinched shut.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2017
    ok? but why would you eat food you don't like?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Ditch the idea of "healthy fats" - google orthorexia and nutritionism if you feel up to it. A healthy diet is balanced and varied, no foods are healthy or unhealthy, it's about context, amounts and frequency. It's almost impossible to stick to a healthy diet without a healthy attitude towards food. Eat a little bit of everything you like. The only unhealthy fat is man made trans fat, and that's easy to avoid.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Cheese?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Ditch the idea of "healthy fats" - google orthorexia and nutritionism if you feel up to it. A healthy diet is balanced and varied, no foods are healthy or unhealthy, it's about context, amounts and frequency. It's almost impossible to stick to a healthy diet without a healthy attitude towards food. Eat a little bit of everything you like. The only unhealthy fat is man made trans fat, and that's easy to avoid.

This^ perfectly said.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I agree. Avoid the trans fats. Maybe limit the polyunsaturated fats from grains or beans as the seem to be less healthful.
  • GR8Prof
    GR8Prof Posts: 12 Member
    Thank that is exactly what I needed to hear. I have been struggling with the healthy fat foods. I was kind of hoping there were other healthy fat foods out there.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Just eat the things you like and weigh and log it. I was watching youtube videos on Keto and I got to the point of knowing I am NOT one of them people who can track all that is needed so for me I am just eating healthier foods and weighing everything and logging it.

Disclaimer : things you like to eat does not mean cake,ice cream, and crappy foods :D:p
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Just eat the things you like and weigh and log it. I was watching youtube videos on Keto and I got to the point of knowing I am NOT one of them people who can track all that is needed so for me I am just eating healthier foods and weighing everything and logging it.

Disclaimer : things you like to eat does not mean cake,ice cream, and crappy foods :D:p

It doesn't *not* mean cake, ice cream, and "crappy foods" (whatever that means). In the context of a diet that is meeting one's nutritional needs, there is no problem with sometimes including cake or ice cream.