What are your fave dieting snacks? low cal/small but sweet/filling but boring?

What are your favorite snacks to have handy when you are dieting?

I have some for a sweet fix, and some for a hunger fix...

- Mini Milk (30 cal)
- Schar's Crackerbread
- Individual portion of Boursin Cheese
- party size packs of chocolate buttons/haribo
- ice lollies
- Chocolate Mousse (not the lovely decadent ones unfortunately)
- DIET COKE

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't snack, but whenever I want a treat, I choose whatever I want then and there. I don't do low cal, filling or boring - my food has to be tasty and appropriately calorie balanced.
  • gem88mfp
    gem88mfp Posts: 8 Member
    in Uk;
    I quite like salt and vinegar snack a jacks (rice cakes). They have them in a crips bag or as one larger one in a mulitpack.

A kellogs k bar/ an alpen one. They are about 100 calories or under, quite nice if Ive got a sweet tooth.

Fruit

A boiled egg.

Some low fat humous with cucumber/ celery or carrots.

Also quite like a lemon moose or chocolate moose on occasion.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I don't snack, but whenever I want a treat, I choose whatever I want then and there. I don't do low cal, filling or boring - my food has to be tasty and appropriately calorie balanced.

This. Small bites don't really satisfy me in the slightest. I'd rather not bother!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    popcorn, dry cereal, string cheese, veggie dogs, the occasion bag of veggie straws or protein chips. Also, I make desserts that come in at 200 or fewer calories per serving. I just tried making a recipe for apple strudel that comes in at about 100 per. (However, I didn't warm the phyllo to room temperature and it broke when I tried slicing it. I'm sure it'll taste fine, but it's more like apples and dough flakes...)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited December 2017
    Popcorn, pickles, Halo Top, instant oatmeal, Fiber One bars, sugar-free mini Reese cups, sugar-free Werther's hard candies.

I still enjoy junk food snacks on special occasions, but having lighter-calorie options more frequently helps keep me sane.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Costco has loads of big boxes/bags of individually wrapped things. I really like the mozzarella singles-- 1 oz of mozz for 70 cals. I also like the guac singles with carrots, the hummus singles with carrots, and individual apple sauces.
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    I mix a small portion of vanilla Greek yogurt and some peanut butter until smooth- toss it in a small bowl and sprinkle some mini chocolate chip on top. My go to evening sweet tooth attack is very satisfied.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited December 2017
    snack craving:
    Popcorn w/ butter-flavoured oil spray (amount of the latter depends on remaining calories).
    SF jello
    veggies
    Apple with cinnamon & splenda

hunger:
    hard-boiled eggs
    cottage cheese
    1/2 Clif bar
    yogurt
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    edited December 2017
    Snacks
    flavored rice cakes
    hummus and veggies

Filler
    Tea
    Water
    Bulky (kale, cabbage, etc) salad with low calorie vinaigrette and canned fish (tuna, kippered snacks, sardines)
    Protein (fish, chicken, steak, pork) and a bag of roasted seasoned broccoli

Desert
    Halo top
    Frozen Berries (with whipped cream sometimes)
    Low Fat vanilla Yogurt with frozen berries
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Here are some of my favorite snacks:
    -cottage cheese with berries
    -apple with cheese
    -carrots and guac or hummus
    -100 calorie packs of cashews
    -100 calorie popcorn bags
    -protein bars (Quest bars cut in half work great)
    -Fiber one brownies
    -string cheese
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    My go to:
    100 calorie popcorn fiber one bars, yogurt, sf jello with cool whip,raisins with few nuts, small individual bags of chips.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Boiled egg
    Walnuts
    Fiber cereal with cashew milk
  • pigheaded
    pigheaded Posts: 3,083 Member
    100cal nut packs are great to help with the munchies. Coca covered almonds are the bomb!
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    For filling snack, I'd have soup, like miso soup, chicken stock with some chicken and veg(no thickening),egg drop soup etc. For sweet, coffee with milk and stevia and vanilla extract. Sorbet made of frozen banana, berry and greet yogurt. I also like roasted seaweed when I want some salty snack.
  • RomanEmpire31
    RomanEmpire31 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2017
    Rice Cakes
    Diet Root Beer
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Boiled egg
    Raw veggies with hummus
    Crispbread with avocado or cottage cheese, or promite and low-cal cheese
    A piece of fruit
    If I need something sweet- a 100cal cereal bar (I like Kellogg's Special K but I think that's a New Zealand thing)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Cottage cheese, some chicken, and garlic Triscuits. Except, I don't find it boring, I looooove cottage cheese. And garlic Triscuits. And chicken.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    I keep boiled eggs in the fridge.Great snack as is,also handy for egg salad,on green salad etc.One of my faves is a sliver of cheese in deli turkey slice roll up.Good with fresh veggie slices on the side,or a portion of bean salad.
    Every thing seems to lead to something else.Bean salad keeps well & adds protein to a salad.Add baked potato,sweet or white & you have a meal.