Nothing's really happening

I started my weight loss journey on October 1st so it's been 2 months and a few weeks. I've lost about 12lbs. So I'm down to 230lb... im trying to get to 140lb. Anyways I work out everyday I track all my calories and I eat back some of my workout calories but not all of them. The last 2 weeks I've been stuck at this same weight and I'm not understanding why nothing is coming off anymore. Any advice?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Be patient and make sure your logging is as accurate as possible
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    I started my weight loss journey on October 1st so it's been 2 months and a few weeks. I've lost about 12lbs. So I'm down to 230lb... im trying to get to 140lb. Anyways I work out everyday I track all my calories and I eat back some of my workout calories but not all of them. The last 2 weeks I've been stuck at this same weight and I'm not understanding why nothing is coming off anymore. Any advice?

Normal water weight fluctuations. What matter is whats happening over an extended period of time.
  • Momofboys77
    Momofboys77 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you everyone :)
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    How long did it take you to put on that weight? Did you notice it happening? Probably not; be patient. You don't gain 100lbs in 2 months and you won't lose it in 2 months.

That being said, you will need to decrease your calories proportionate to your weight loss (assuming exercise etc stays the same) as a lighter weight requires less calories to operate. 12lbs is 5% of your starting weight so your calories at 230lbs should be 5% less as well.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Be patient and make sure your logging is as accurate as possible

That's it in a nutshell. If the logging isn't accurate you won't get the results you expect. If you don't have a scale, get one. Be picky about the items you log in the database, not all of them are correct.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    It's perfectly normal and to be expected particularly as a woman. Our weight fluctuates as people have said. Now you know and won't be so surprised and hopefully not disappointed when it happens again as it almost certainly will.

You're doing fine. Keep at it. And stay off message boards and blogs that tout unrealistic weight loss myths.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Plateaus happen. My worst one was three weeks.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Be proud of yourself, you have lost 12 pounds! Be patient and keep up the good work, it's not a race, it's about changing your life.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    Unfortunately our bodies are not machines or computers! We have far too many variables to battle against. Takes fortitude and stubborness to show your body who is the boss!