What are you doing about your stretch marks?

Options
Hey team!

I'm Kelly from Victoria, BC (Canada, eh??) and I have a question about stretch marks... I was bed ridden for about 8 months and couldn't move... no movement + eating + depression = weight gain and it caused some absolutely HUGE and horrible stretch marks on my belly...

Currently, I'm working out on ChaLEAN Extreme and using ViSalus shakes (and following just about every nutritional guide I can find) but cannot find anything about getting rid of these horrible scars.

Any feedback you guys have would be super appreciated.

Cheers,
Kelly

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think there is anything that will get rid of them. Some people swear by cocoa butter...didn't work for me. I have 3 kids so my stomach is terrible. They do fade with time. My youngest is almost 11 so they are all pretty much white now. But I have noticed with the more weight I lose that some of them are starting to turn purple again. It is kind of depressing.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I am saying $**&# it! Seriously i hate my stretch marks and i have TONS of them everywhere... mostly inner thighs but the arms,boobs,butt, stomach oh yah i have them there too. I am trying not to care. I still wear spandex short shorts, i still wear high waisted skirts, and daisy dukes. I am not giving a **** what people think .

I cant fix my skin but i can fix the fact that i am fat, or not toned soo screw the world.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Bio-oil should help, although I've never applied it long enough to see results. I have heard from others it works. You can get it at walmart, shoppers, rexall, etc. It goes on sale frequently too.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I got mine from having two kids and gaining weight. My lower back has stripes that run horizontally all the way across. I've not been able to do anything but accept them and wear them with pride.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    nothing
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately they are pretty much permanent unless you can afford laser treatments. Lotions can help fade them to make them less noticeable. I just accept mine. They don't bother me anymore and truthfully a lot of women and men have them, it isn't a big deal.
  • kfavulous
    kfavulous Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yep that's what I figured.

I was looking into Bio-Oil but thought it was a gimmick...

I guess I'm wearing them with pride!

Thanks folks =)