C25k

Options
2»

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I liked the app but completed 2 runs only, then i got bored. I want to start again though.

Do it outsoors and with a friend. I started at a track, which ensures you are on the flat, but quickly progressed to other routes.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Completed my 20 mins run, no walk today. It was rough, and i did not quit.

Awesome!! That one scares me. In fact next week (week 4) the 5 minute jog is scaring me a lot thinking of it.
  • bluesmanhart6679
    bluesmanhart6679 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Completed my 20 mins run, no walk today. It was rough, and i did not quit.

Awesome!! That one scares me. In fact next week (week 4) the 5 minute jog is scaring me a lot thinking of it.

I completely understand! You can do it though and feel pride in yourself for "going for it" . I have a big run today to complete week 6. Wish me luck.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get into this for a while now, I never really did like running. About 4 weeks back I just started interval running on the treadmill at the gym. I would do 2 min 5mph then 2 min at 3mph, gradually increasing time running/jogging but not decreasing time walking until I got to 5 min for the run/jog. Then I started doing the same thing but after the 5mph portion jump to 8mph for a min then back to walk, and repeat. This week I tried to do the minute 5mph portion and just decided to keep running after the 5 mins and made it to 13 mins straight.... Then I got the flu so have not been able to do anything this week since.

To the point I just downloaded the app and looking forward to giving this a shot as soon as I get over this flu.... However I also want to be able to strength train at the same time.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    I have been trying to get into this for a while now, I never really did like running. About 4 weeks back I just started interval running on the treadmill at the gym. I would do 2 min 5mph then 2 min at 3mph, gradually increasing time running/jogging but not decreasing time walking until I got to 5 min for the run/jog. Then I started doing the same thing but after the 5mph portion jump to 8mph for a min then back to walk, and repeat. This week I tried to do the minute 5mph portion and just decided to keep running after the 5 mins and made it to 13 mins straight.... Then I got the flu so have not been able to do anything this week since.

To the point I just downloaded the app and looking forward to giving this a shot as soon as I get over this flu.... However I also want to be able to strength train at the same time.

C25K is set up for 3 days a week, 30 mins a day so you should be able to fit it around strength work.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I started week one day one yesterday and I hated it. Which is strange because I can go on the elliptical no problem. It’s something about the treadmill that seems so much harder. I’m going to keep at it though and hope it gets a little easier each day. And I’ll have to remind myself to stretch because my shins were hurting yesterday.

@rbeasley2911 - I'm a distance runner - I've done up to half marathons. I love the elliptical. Put me on a treadmill and I want to kill things. Treadmills.Suck. Try to find a place outside and run there. I *love* running outside - I'm nosey, so I get to run along and see new things and that keeps me sane and wanting to keep on during a run. Maybe running outside will work for you, maybe not - I just figured I'd share. :) Running isn't for everyone - just find something you enjoy doing and do that. You've got this. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!