Texas girl starting weight loss journey

Options
After being gone from MFP for nearly a year, I'm back and 9 pounds heavier. I honestly thought I had gained more weight than that, so I'm actually pleased. I have 165 pounds to lose and my goal is to do most of it by next Christmas.

My first mini goal is to lose 5 pounds by Christmas. I'm praying there are no surprise parties popping up this year.

I'm transitioning to a vegan ... diet (for lack of a better word) but I intend to maintain the choice even after the weight is off.

I'm 28 years old and I'm scared because my blood pressure is high. I don't want to start medication. I'm on enough medications for bipolar. I'm trying to get the weight off to be healthier. My grandmother just turned 96 and she can still drive. I'd rather live like that than die prematurely.

I'm looking for accountability partners. If you're in the Fort Worth Texas area maybe we can work out together some time!

xxNatalie

Replies

• LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello JournalingBelle! I've been on and off of mfp countless times. I've been vegetarian going on 3 months now. I definitely want to go vegan eventually but I'm afraid of failure so I'm taking baby steps. Today I got on the scale and pure anger filled me. How have I gained being vegetarian? Once the anger subsided I realized I only had myself to blame, even if I don't understand how lol any who, here I am again on mfp to log and see where it is I'm going wrong. Feel free to add me!
  • ladyshepherdlosesit
    Options
    I am bipolar too. I am so glad I clicked on your post! I gained a lot when I was going through meds and it is still a struggle. Im glad to have found somebody who will understand! Sending a friend request now!