SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! week of July 12

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
Good morning!
How are you all this morning?
My weekend was crazy! No time for working out. We booked too many things yesterday and almost didn't get them all done. You may have seen my post on FB. I got a "new" treadmill yesterday! I've been praying for one for months I was blessed with a nice one and it was free! A not so close relative of mine is going through her brother's house, cleaning it out after he died. My Granny asked us about a bedroom suite so we went out to look at it. There was some great antique stuff out there! One of those old radios that stand about 4 feet tall (looks like a jukebox), etc. Anyway, the bedroom furniture was really nice and would be great for a little girl, but we don't have room for it right now. The lady said she is going to put it in storage maybe for a year then she may have to get rid of it. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be in a 3 bedroom house by then with a little girl and we can get it from her. We'll see. Anyway, while we are looking at this, Steve sees the treadmill and asks about it. They said, go ahead and take it. He and one other guy had to carry it down some really scary stairs, I feared Steve would get squished. :noway: It was hard work so I HAVE to use it for a long time. :laugh: We got it set up at home and found that the control board still had the removable film over it! I don't even know if it's ever been used! It works. It was a little sluggish at first, and it needs to be calibrated but it works great! Steve put my old laptop up so I can watch movies etc while working out! :bigsmile: I am very blessed and really excited about it. I am going to try to program it to do couch to 5k at some point.
Hope that story was actually interesting to you. :laugh: Today's goals are: use the weed eater in the backyard (our mower is dead. Thankfully our yard isn't that big), and if I have energy leftover work out on the treadmill (work before play!), and clean and laundry and log my food. I am down 2.5 pounds! Yay!
Hope you all have an awesome day!
So blessed and so thankful boogaloo!
MM

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I think you will really like the treadmill, MM. I enjoy watching movies on mine - so much so, that I haven't been to the gym much.

I leave for Vancouver a week from today. It seems like it was just yesterday I was asking V and CP about Toronto & Niagara Falls. Those might come next year - though I'm already planning a trip to Chicago for a yoga conference.

Today - more trip stuff, make lasagna, yoga, walk, and a few errands. At some point I need to go get play money (any more other than your own currency is play money - since it doesn't feel like cash to you, it isn't). My dad gave me some Euros to exchange - all his foreign money - I don't know if the bank is going to mess with such small amounts. Luckily, I found $15 CN from our last trip.

I sure wish the gym I work for would tell me who they hired. I hope they hired someone! Maybe I should send a reminder email that I can't work after Thursday (for my Tues/Thurs class)?

I'm also going to work on not worrying about things I cannot change - and changing those I can.

Play money, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    @ Mary: Play money....snarf...I knew I had been living in Canada for a while when I went back to the states and thought "hey, this money looks weird, and you can't tell the denominations apart.":tongue: If we end up moving back to the states, I'll miss the queen and the pretty money. It's pretty cool to look in your wallet and know that you have to pull out a "blue one" (a five) to pay for a latte. Also, since we have $1 and $2 coins, you can empty out the bottom of your purse and discover you're rich.:laugh:

I got an email this a.m. (finally...six weeks later) and I passed my Spanish exam! Wooooo-hoooooooo! So, to celebrate, tomorrow I have to go buy the largest French dictionary I can find and start studying for my next exam. I feel remarkably refreshed knowing this result.

So, I looked over my stuff from last week, and I had a successful week as far as goals go. So, the goals for this week are:
    protein/fruit and or veg at every meal (I'm trying to concentrate on less meaty proteins, I've laid in a supply of yogurt and cottage cheese)

cardio six days, resistance (boxing, yoga or weights) 3 days.

four meals or snacks can contain "unauthorized" foods, ie the sweets or the fried potato or the red wine. (I just had sweet potato fries at lunch, so there's one down already)

and last, but certainly not least, 15 minutes with the idea book a day (I spent my hour this a.m. already...organizing/planning for the rest of my major project, and looked over the stuff I've taken notes on so far. Soon, I'll have to finish the research part and start the organizing part, if I'm going to get the presentation together for October)

Today was: Zumba this a.m. and Boxing tonight (I'm trying a few doubles a week, on Mondays and Wednesdays...essentially I just love going to all four classes, and can't pick just one per day on those days).

Double down, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:

MM...congrats on the treadmill! That is awesome!
  • yoginimary
    Options
    My crazy cat needs to go to the vet today to get a recheck. If I don't report in tomorrow, you'll know I'm in the hospital.

My sister's boyfriend is not coming to Canada after all, so I need to redo a few things today. There are only two things that aren't refundable (but I will still try - we could probably sell the ticket at the event for cheap), so it's not that bad. Also: teach yoga and walk. Husband will be out tonight, so I might look for some class tonight as well.

It sounds like the gym I work for is not going to have a sub list in time before I leave - argh! I don't know what I'm going to do about that though - I'm still going to Vancouver.

Reschedule, boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good morning,

I am still sore this morning from weed eating yesterday so I guess it will be a low body workout day. Loving the treadmill! Steve used it again this morning. He wants to get in shape to do some serious hiking and learn Tae Kwon Do. A friend of ours used to teach it. I hope he sticks it out. I told him I was on the treadmill for 40 minutes, and he said, "You ran for 40 minutes!" Uh no. I wish. lol.

Ugh, feeling short tempered with Alex today. Better watch tongue and attitude.

Anyway, today is tumbling class, cleaning, doing something fun with Alex, and a work out of some sort. Treadmill for sure, but I think I may need to do more than just that. And continued logging food.

Finding a longer fuse boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, pebbs...

Just got back from Zumba, and I'm tired now. My special lady time has arrived, and it's slowing me down, big time. My feet felt heavier. (two pretty hardcore workouts yesterday may also have contributed).

For the rest of the day, probably just an appointment downtown and then meeting my husband downtown to hang out. The goal with that is to not eat our way around the town, and stick to my food goals. Also, hydrating, as we're back to hot and humid for the rest of the foreseeable future. Ugh. The humidity keeps the pollen down, but the pollution up...it's a breathing trade-off.:tongue:

There will be listening to my rep. on the subway for schoolwork today.

Easier day, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi!
    Another busy day! It seems like that's almost all there is any more.
    Yesterday I did the first day of couch to 5k, 30 minutes of Taebo, and 5 minutes of jogging. :happy:
    Today is horse therapy, meeting with my friend, figuring out lunch (so I'm not tempted to eat out!), cleaning, get a walk in on the treadmill, make dinner, and go to church. We may have to help the pastor at the new church building as well.
    In laws are coming this weekend, and I have no idea what I am going to feed them, and I don't really have the motivation to clean. :noway: I have to get started on it today, so I can work out heavier on Thursday and Friday.
    That's the news here. I used to love Wednesdays. I don't as much anymore. I don't know why. Too busy I guess.

Have a great day!
    MM
    Just realized I forgot to post the waffle recipe! Here it is:

2 whole eggs
    1/4 cup ricotta cheese
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1 tbs sweetener
    1/2 tsp baking powder

Beat eggs until fluffy. Add rest of ingredients and beat till smooth. Pour on waffle maker or pancake griddle.
    That's it! Let me know if you all come up with different ideas for it. They are pretty good. I wasn't going to make them this morning but I've just talked myself into it. :wink:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Today: double yoga and a little walk, if I can squeeze it in. I got all my sub dates filled. The Monday teacher is going to be gone for a month - I can do two of her days, but she's never subbed for me, and she's strung me along on the days I've subbed in the past. Am I being a witch for not doing the two days? (One is the day before I leave, the other is the Monday after I get back).

Errands/jobs for the next three days: bank, visit old person, see a friend, change out litter boxes, do wash, pick up cat meds & food, grocery store, figure out Thursday's dinner (before going to the store!), costco, and hopefully get some housecleaning in.

Oh, if you see Justin's individual packs of chocolate and nut butter (almond, peanut butter, or hazelnut), just walk away. I was thinking, oh what a great idea - smallish portions of yummy. I think I'm having fantasies about this stuff.

Getting it all in, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, pebbs...

Today may be a day off, as I need to go to the dentist. If I get finished with the dentist in time, I'll go to the gym after. My body is starting to crave a day off, though...so it's cool if I don't get finished with the dentist in time. (that made sense in my head)

Also, working on my student loan applications, some reading for my project, and some housecleaning (it's reached "messy" because I turned my back on it for a bit due to the domestic lazies).

Also, trying to stick to my food goals has been challenging this week. I succumbed to some soft serve from the ice cream truck yesterday. In all fairness, it was in the middle of 90 minutes of walking in the heat, but still. That's 2 out of 4 unauthorized foods and it's only Tuesday. Stress is a killer. . .just suffering from a minor case of the "overwhelmeds". I'll figure it out. I've had very little appetite, so I've still been way under my calories. Maybe my body logic is craving high-calorie things because I'm eating less? I'm sure I can rationalize it, if given enough time.:laugh:

Wonder how CPs doing....should have started at the new work.

How's the "crazy" cat, Mary?

So, goals for the day: reasonable (or reasonably portioned) food choices, dentist, possible workout, lots of water, possible housecleaning. And, that's enough.

Enough, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Wrote something and then I made it disappear! Got home from work at 2:30 today and thought, "Whew! Long day!" I had to laugh at myself. Now just hanging out with the boys and contemplating a nap.:yawn:

I sound like a broken record, but I need to exercise more and eat less.:huh: Maybe I'll actually start doing that soon. :ohwell:

MM: Congrats on your treadmill. Glad you are enjoying it. :smile:

V: Congrats on passing the Spanish exam.:drinker:

Talk to you soon!

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi Pebbles,
    Mary, how's your cat?
    V, how was the dentist appointment?
    Bobbie, I was a broken record for a long time. It's hard to get started, but once I did I realized how much better I felt. Now I hope I can just stick with it!

Didn't get a work out in yesterday. I did, however, get our junk drawer cleaned out! :bigsmile: :laugh: It dawned on me that I will start homeschooling Alex in about 6-7 weeks and I have NO clue what I am doing! First thing I need to do is get this house organized. I can work on that over the next several weeks. I can't spend hours a week teaching him with my house in this condition. It's "clean" but things are scattered about the house. I started with the junk drawer, and now I need to move on to another cabinet or drawer today.
    So the goals today are: go to the store (have to figure out what in the world we are going to eat for a week first!), clean up and organize at least one drawer/cabinet/closet today, spend some quality time with Alex, and do the second day of couch to 5k, and maybe taebo abs or glutes as well.
    That's my day. I hope I can get it all done and not run out of energy. I actually missed working out yesterday! That's new to me. :laugh:
    Getting organized boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, pebbs...

Ended up taking the day off yesterday, due to the fact that I looked at my schedule and hadn't taken a day off for weeks. Ended up getting very cranky, but I keep having this neck/shoulder spasm thing that just isn't clearing up. I'm on the verge of trying acupuncture to see if that helps. It seems to flare up for no discernible reason, and hurts like crazy. Boo to it. A weekly massage isn't helping, even the muscle relaxants seem to not actually help, they just make me not care, but when the med wears off, there's the spasm/pain. Ugh. Oh, and I just hate the dentist. I build up stuff on my teeth (fibro actually does this, as does my other auto-immune-stuff and the fact that due to allergies and a deviated septum, I am a mouth breather when I sleep.) and they always talk to me like I don't floss (I actually do, every day...sometimes multiple times a day) or brush. It always feels like I'm getting tortured then yelled at as if I'm a child. I have uttered the statement "Hey, I know everybody lies about how they take care of their teeth. I am not lying. Please stop accusing me of it." I have yet to find a dentist who will just clean my teeth and shut the @#%! up.

Anyways, enough complaining. I'm trying a new dance class today at 1, then a Zumba tonight. I also need to sit down and plan food and shop today. My cupboards are getting bare, which makes me want to eat things that are not so good for me. I've had a very low appetite, but just want to eat high-calorie foods that are not the best for me (craving sugar, which I haven't been until the past few days....it's either the heat or the hormones).

So, today, water, food planning, dance it off and possible call to the doctor.

Wishing you all a dentist-free day.:laugh:

Dance it off, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    The cat was having liver issues again (the same one that had a feeding tube last year). She's a little better, but they want to keep her on the medicine for another month.

Today, after I teach yoga, I'm going to the Bodies exhibit with my mom and nephew. I've wanted to go for some time. Depending on how strong I feel, I will either do hard yoga or walk tonight.

I tried to do currency exchange yesterday, but the place I would normally go no longer does it. I have to wonder, do foreigners visit Austin? My credit union, or for that matter any credit union, doesn't do it. I think there is a bank downtown that does it, but I think I will wait for Vancouver.

Bodies, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Blergh.

I have broken down and taken a muscle relaxant.:yawn: I have made an appointment with my osteopath tomorrow. No working out will be accomplished today.

I have declared today a total and complete do-over. Boo.:sad:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Hope today works out better for you, V.

Today: another double yoga day - teach in the morning, then advanced practice this afternoon. I checked off another arm balance last night - that was fun. Also had my last Tues/Thurs class - which was a little sad - I was just starting to like them. I signed up for training this fall, but I haven't given any money yet. I guess I need to do so - if I pay before Aug 1st, it's slightly cheaper. I really hope I'm not making a mistake doing this - it's a good chuck of change to dislike the class.
    Oh, you know how I was saying that I was being petty about not subbing on those two Mondays? Well, I sent an email yesterday afternoon saying I could sub those dates - and you know what? I never heard back. I guess it's early yet, but I'm still a little ticked - yet reminded why I don't sub for this person.

New poses, boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Mary, congrats on your new poses. :smile:
    V, how are you feeling this morning?
    CP, Bobbie, WL, how are you ladies doing?

Yesterday was a good day. I got a whole lot done. Steve walked in the kitchen this morning and said something is wrong with the kitchen. I am thinking the rats managed to tear something up or there were ants everywhere, so I asked him what. He said, "It's clean." It makes me sound like I'm such a slob, and I am messy but I do clean up the kitchen quite often, like everyday. But it hasn't been this clean in awhile, like hardly anything on the countertops. So it's nice. I hope I can keep it that way. I am working on the rest of the house as well, and making progress.
    Today is more cleaning and working out this morning. Inlaws will be here this afternoon. I need to try to get a good work out in this morning because there's a good possibility we will go out to eat tonight. Maybe I'm getting to impatient but the weight loss stopped. I lost two pounds immediately, but nothing in a few days. I also stopped feeling a difference too. I just need to wait. It'll come off. I'm working too hard for it not to. And I'm liking it. :happy:

Clean house boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Things you never want the doctor to say "Wow." or "Oh my god." I got both. My muscle tension levels amaze trained professionals! Ladies and gentlemen, come, and see the amazing concrete shoulder! (shouldn't I at least be super-buff by now?)

So, it was good/bad news at the doctor:

Good: it is not nerve or joint or tendon related. (great news actually, because I dislocated this shoulder about a million years ago)

Bad: It's all muscle tension/spasm that has to release, so rest it for at least two days. It's likely to spontaneously release in the same manner that it spontaneously spazzed out. So, no workout today and possibly no workout tomorrow (was told I could go to yoga, but if there's anything "past discomfort" to stop) down dog would be one of the irritating positions, so I'll just have to play it by ear. I got some weird electrical muscle stimulation thingee, plus physio. Feels looser, but still ouch-y. Trying not to pout too much, but it's boring and frustrating. The muscle relaxants make me too loopy to do anything that requires any thought process at all, and the shoulder hurts when I do almost anything, so very bored. I'm actually a bit nostalgic for the days when a day during which all I did was lay one the sofa or the bed was my ideal day.:laugh: Times is changed.

Boredom, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Summer is here - good thing I'm going away.

I think I'm going for another double yoga day. Need to get it all in before I'm cooped up on the train. Also, one class will be tough flow, the other cooling poses, so they should fit together well.

I need to get off the itouch as well. I should be saving it for the train, but whirly word keeps calling to me.

We are invited to a birthday party today. Husband was running a fever last night, so we probably won't go. Either way, I need to focus on veggies - I'm pretty sure Amtrak doesn't believe they exist.

Sure hope CP is doing ok with the job switch.

Heat, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    OK, much better today. So, hooray! Plans are to do some housecleaning, some yoga on the freshly vacuumed floor, and then maybe go for a walk. I thought about yoga at the gym, but my ego kicks in and I would tend to overwork my shoulder, by not feeling as free to go back to child's pose as I feel at home. My competitive, desire to be the best in class nature, I'm working on it.

Other than that, maybe a bit of reading as my head is finally clearer, and doing the food prep with the groceries I bought yesterday. And, remembering not to push it too hard. (the hardest part of the day, maybe)

I've been wondering about CP, too...she's gone cyber-missing entirely.

Our heat broke, a bit, high 80s instead of high 90s. I'll take it, but can't wait to go on our vacation a little north of here, where it's purportedly cooler.

Cooler, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    V, glad you are better this morning. I sent CP a message on FB and she's doing okay, busy with her new job and she's missing us. :smile:

The in laws are here. I am about to get on the treadmill anyway (Go me!) and do the third day of C25k. I got on it to walk yesterday and I really struggled. I'm in bad shape. lol. But I'm not used to the incline thing either and I used that. I am thinking wheat gives me a problem. I think I've known that for awhile. I know whole wheat messes with me, so why wouldn't regular wheat mess with me? I think it makes me a little tired and it makes me bloat. So I am really going to try to stay off of it, at least at home. When I go to my favorite burger restaurant I make no substitutions! :laugh: I think it's okay once in awhile but not like I have eaten it the last two days. I did manage to turn down the blueberry muffins this morning and have my wheatless waffle and strawberries.
    Goals today: treadmill, keep the house clean, and stay within calories. We are suppose to go out to eat tonight, so I may need to work out more upstairs. Maybe I'll do upper body up in Alex's room which is over the garage and away from guests. :smile:

Staying within my limits boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I think I'm going to go to the easy yoga at the Hills - it's taught by the person I'm doing rotations with on Sundays - it will help me see what she is doing so we can mesh better. I don't think I'm up for a hard yoga backbending class. Also, a good walk is on the schedule.

I forgot about rock climbing yesterday. Only about 20 minutes, but that was plenty after an arm balance class.

Today I need to get the house ready for my departure. Do some cleaning and start packing. I'm amazed by those that can pack an hour before a trip. I'm always thinking of things I need to bring - today I just noticed the camera - many times I have forgotten the camera on vacations. Train or road trips are more complicated this way, because you also need snacks and stuff to do. I usually bring enough food that if there is a crappy meal offered (or at times, no vegetarian option), I have enough for a meal. Train adds the extra dimension of you have to pack for your little compartment as well as a suitcase that you won't need to get to.

Preparation, boogaloo!