FINDING A TASTY ZERO CALORIE BEVERAGE!

Options
Hey all!

I'm trying to find a zero calorie drink that is tasty and has flavor but does not have any artificial sweeteners! I use way too much stevia/splenda/truvia and I want to try to eliminate it. I hate plain water and seltzer. I drink a lot of vitamin water/propel and I put packets of like iced tea in my water. I try not to drink too much diet soda. Any suggestions?! Thanks! :-)

MusicMorah

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like to either cold steep tea or add fruit into my water like watermelon, strawberries, peaches...whatever I have on hand. Also lemon...can never go wrong with lemon.

Although technically besides the tea this does add a small amount of calories.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Can I ask whats wrong with artificial sweeteners?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Drink all of the chemicals! Love me some diet pepsi man...

I'd go for green tea personally. Sweetened with stevia if you're worried about chemicals. Of course stevia may or may not alter your DNA structure so it's basically a really slow game of russian roulette.
  • mcjillishere
    Options
    Even though you've specifically said you hate it, I have to say, water is the way to go! Yes, initially it's incredibly boring (I HATED it) but once you're used to drinking it, your body loves it and the weight falls off - my skin improved too!

I also like sparkling mineral water with a squeeze of lemon.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Yes - he wants to eliminate them.
  • musicmorah
    musicmorah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    *SHE :tongue:
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Someone else posted a link to www.theyummylife.com which has recipes for flavored water... looked pretty good and only water and fruit etc.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like Mandarin orange Quenchers from Meijer's. It is zero everything and still gives the carbonation (bubbles, da bubbles) that I like!!
  • mrmagee3
    Options
    *SHE :tongue:

My apologies. :)
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Many additives have been shown to be a very heavy load for kidneys. They're basically toxic, and all the stuff you put in, your kidneys have to filter. Soda drinkers are at an increased risk of kidney insufficiency, and some studies have started showing that diet soda drinkers are even more likely (by about 30% if I recall correctly) to end up there.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    None all of them have fake sugar
    iced water w ith lemon wedges is 2 calories
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'd go for green tea personally.

My favourite drink by far.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I, too, do not care for artificial sweeteners....maybe they aren't harmful, but I cannot tolerate the TASTE of them.............have tried 'em all, and they all leave an icky aftertaste that I can't stand.

My daughter bought me a Sodastream for Christmas, and I have to say I love that danged thing! I like plain sparkling water, but on occasion I'll mix with a little bit of sweet tea or juice.....the calories are so minimal, the bubbles are there (which I like), and it helps me drink more water :drinker:

Win, win, imho.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Try karkade - red tea. It's little bit sweet and very tasty.

I also drink mineral water with lemon and tangerine. Or mineral water with a slice of kiwi. Or mineral water with a slice of lemon and some mint in it.

It's the matter of habit, you need to get used to it. I do love diet Pepsi but I love water and drink lots of it.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Tea all the way. I like it mixed with seltzer too. For an iced tea cooler.

I have at last 2 dozen kinds. I like lighter teas unsweetened. Black tea, I like sweetened.

I like herbals, it is nice to get one that adds some natural sweetness too. Like a rooibos.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am the worst for drinking my calories,but I have developed a love of some substitutes!
    - water with fruit: lemon slices, lime slices, oranges, et cetera.
    I couldn't live without unsweetened, flavored tea. Orange spice is my favorite! It's tasty warm or cold!
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with anyone who says artificial sweeteners are harmful. Anyone who harps on about aspartame being a danger to our health too is very very very very misguided and should do their _OWN_ deep research.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Learn to love water again.
  • mrmagee3
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with anyone who says artificial sweeteners are harmful. Anyone who harps on about aspartame being a danger to our health too is very very very very misguided and should do their _OWN_ deep research.

You should start a thread about that, then.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    The time will come, my friend.